“Amazing food!”
Review of Ted's

Ted's
Ranked #40 of 609 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Description: Located within the Ramada Plaza Hotel, Ted's, a Newark Airport favorite, we use only the freshest ingredients, hand selected aged beef, homemade soups and fresh seasonal produce that are combined by our talented chefs who create dish's that please all the senses. From host to service staff, we make every effort to accommodate any special request. Our goal is to make your dining experience memorable while providing "care and comfort" when away from home.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is part of the Ramada hotel near Newark Airport. The thing about this place is that it is very isolated. There is nowhere else to go for a meal, so you would think that the food is second rate or prices are high.

Neither is true. I've eaten here before and been amazed by the specials they have on drink (happy hours are between 3pm and 6pm then between 11pm and 12am) and the the food, which is exceptionally good and affordable.

I had 'the works' burger which is the best I've eaten in the US for a while.

I would have no hesitation in coming back - therein lies the benefit of not gouging customers!

1  Thank Tonkatonka

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Great food. Amazing drinks. Perfect spot for an airport industrial type area. We actually stayed across the street but really wish we had stayed at the Ramada where this is located inside.. Wanted a night life scene or a reason for dress and heels. We definitely found it. The staff was great. Reasonable prices. Must try this place

1  Thank MrsTlovinglife H
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Our tour group booked to stay here tonight, we got in fairly late so by the time we got downstairs for a bite to eat it didn’t look that busy, we chose our own table which they probably weren’t impressed with,,, I guess that’s why we were ignored for some time- I am a patient person but when you have to ask more than one person if you can order there has to be something wrong. We were about to walk out when another waiter came and apologised for the long wait (they were probably 30% full) I had noticed two tables orders were taken before ours, so we weren’t that happy. Even the guy next to us noticed that we hadn’t been getting attention. The food was good, didn’t take that long to come out. Then I had to again ask several staff for the bill. We won’t be going here for breakfast or dinner tomorrow night but there wasn’t any other option tonight. So my advice would be to go elsewhere unless you can see that they have hardly any customers.

Z8809XImarkb, General Manager at Ted's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thanks for the review.
I apologize for the slow service as we were short staffed that night. I would hope you can give us another chance as you did say you liked our food.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

value beers and wine from three to six pm, food is off the regular menu at no discount which is the norm at the hotel restaurants around the airport if they even have one.

Oscar was our server and he gave us very good service. It was a busy so get their before 5 at nights. The Santorini salad, and the burgers were good, and Chicken Marsala Rigatoni was very good as I had it twice in three nights. Also, the house made pickles are exceptional.

Do not try to charge to your room as it is not possible as Ted's and the hotel are separate ownership.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you like our food offerings and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We have done the Park-Sleep-Fly at the Ramada twice in the last two months. Both times, my wife and I have brought the food from Ted's up to our room.

The bar and dining area is comfortable and welcoming, but we have just enjoyed relaxing in our room.

Both times we have been wowed by Ted's food. We had a veggie pizza and salad the first time, and tonight my wife had grilled chicken with sides, and I had a salad with flank steak. Everything was fresh, flavorful, plentiful, healthy and delicious.

We highly recommend their food.

Thanks for the review.

I'm glad you liked our dishes and I hope you have the chance to visit us in the future.