All reviews tops diner new york industrial area broad street taxi ride free breakfast nice hotel stay there again penn station yogurt spacious room nice breakfast free parking up to date path train convenient location king bed
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Room has the essentials you need, although like many places in the area of America could do with a lick of paint! Breakfast was simple,but hit the spot. There is also small gym and a pool. Best sell for this place is BeeJays is walking distance, with a mall also across the street- decent enough place to keep you entertained on business

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online,
We are fully renovated and do not have a BeeJay's in walking distance. We do not have a Pool as well. We are the Comfort Suites located at Newark NJ. Looks like you shave mixed us up with some other hotel property.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Pulling up to the property and casing out the neighborhood, I was dubious about what we were getting into but was very impressed with the spacious room, the amenities and comfort. My only complaints were the breakfast was meh and needed some attention in terms of cleaning up (the attendant seemed pretty listless) and there was a lot of noise from the upstairs room that was hard to figure out. But it was centrally located and a good place to stay if you are catching a flight from Newark.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 1 night due to missing our flight out of Newark. They are remodeling but it was a nice place to stay and the rooms were clean. The best part was the customer service. The 2 gentlemen who checked us in were super nice and accommodating, even got a free ice cream! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear dizfans,

We are happy you liked our facility, amenities, our staff service and standards of our housekeeping services.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Email: csnj123@gmail.com

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This hotel was just right, priced right for a group trying to avoid high cost of New York City. The staff here was excellent and very cooperative. Rooms were large suites with pull out sofas and where we had 3 or 4 to a room the suites were just right and no extra charge for additional people. Rooms were clean and up to date. Waffles for breakfast is a must here. Some in group visited Tops Diner just a 10 minute and raved about the food. Bus parking was free here and the hotel was relatively quite and secure with video cameras everywhere. We plan on staying here on our next visit to New York!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerome B
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Jerome,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We enjoyed accommodating your group at our hotel.
We are happy you liked our facility, amenities our staff service, standards of our housekeeping services and you enjoyed our breakfast.

Email: csnj123@gmail.com

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I have always stayed at this hotel. Very convenient for my job and "was" a great place. Now for some reason the management has decided to house homeless people. The room I stayed in on August 9th was not good. The bathroom door was broken. The room had a distinct smell of smoke covered up by incense. There were large families roaming the halls during the night, in their PJ's. The hotel is showing the wear and tear now. I mentioned to the person at checkout about the issues with the room and they said they would make note. I asked what happened? He wasn't sure what I meant. I explained I have always stayed here and had a great stay, but now it appears that the hotel is more of a permanent residence for those less fortunate. He was quite sure what I meant. I explained to him that I was concerned about all the people wandering about, that the breakfast was now willed with families with lots and lots of children. I asked if they were now catering to homeless or Section 8 families and he simply smiled and said no. I fail to understand what used to be a nice property has now become a shelter. At any rate, this was my last stay.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs, unless they change their policies.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew F
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Matthew,
Thank You for taking the time to post your review. Our property does not participate in government sponsored programs. I would like to speak to you directly. Please call the hotel on phone number 973 481 5200 at your convenience.