US$177
US$148
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$147
US$173
US$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

All reviewstops dinernew yorkindustrial arearoom was cleanbroad streettaxi ridefree breakfastnice hotelstay there againpenn stationyogurtnice breakfastfree parkingup to datepath trainconvenient locationking bed
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms were big & nice. The furniture could use some updating. The breakfast was food. I really love having a refrigerator & microwave in the room. The front desk staff were very nice & professional.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon S
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are happy to know you enjoyed the level of service provided by our staff and the comfort of our big spacious rooms.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you want to access New York City without actually staying in the city, this is a fine choice. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly.

It's a seven dollar Lyft ride to Newark Penn Station. From there, it's a little over 30 minutes on the PATH train into the city. Trains leave frequently and because it's the first stop on the line, you can often get a seat.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear nhpmcss,

We appreciate the informative review with a wealth of information for our future guests.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in July for the Tony Robbins' Unleash the Power Within. Great big room with king bed, soaker tub, fridge, and separate bathroom. Very nice breakfast included too. Friendly staff always ready to help.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Dennis B,

We are happy to know that you liked our guest rooms and our staff service and friendliness.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The place could still be called new... it's clean and safe... eat in Harrison--or the Ironbound. Go into Harrison to see pro soccer--or--catch thePath train into New York
Top's Dinner is open 24 hrs--great food--save room for cheese cake

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank PETE90
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Pete90,

We are happy to know you liked our hotels cleanliness and found our hotel to be convenient for your travel needs.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My family & I stayed here for my commencement ceremony in Albany. We wanted to be close to New York & Albany. So this was the perfect place. I was able to get a great price compared to their hotels. We stayed from July 12-18th. First, the area around the hotel looks like ghost town, it does look rough, but the hotel is gated in. We were able to do a early check in. The front desk gave us complimentary water & a snack. Our room was 308. It was very spacious & clean. We had 2 queen beds & a pull out sofa that was perfect for our family of 5. It also included a refrigerator & microwave. Which is perfect when you're traveling with children, it helps you save money from eating out. The lady at the front desk gave me a paper with instructions on how to catch the Path from the Penn station to Times Square. All the staff was friendly. Every morning I would get up & eat the complimentary breakfast. I couldn't get enough of the waffles. There's something for everyone to eat. It was clean & the staff was on top of replenishing anything that was low & keeping the areas clean. The first 2 mornings I went for 6am & everything was fully stocked. The next 4 mornings I was 2 drained from exploring New York to get up for 6am breakfast. So I would catch myself dragging out of bed during the 9 o'clock hour to get to those waffles. It was a little more packed during this time but everything remained stocked. Which is great for the late sleepers to be able to enjoy breakfast too. My room didn't have a view but that was ok because we were only there to sleep. Housekeeping & the front desk were very friendly with towels. I had no problem getting anything I needed. We had a rental car all the days we stayed. Parking is free. Which helps you save any penny you can cause New York tolls are expensive by itself. We usually didn't get in until after midnight & there was always somewhere to park, even when the lot appeared full. We didn't have any problems with our vehicle being broken into or anything like that. The 1st night I felt like my room was warm (but my family disagreed) I called the lobby and someone came up right away to see if he could fix it. The rest of the stay my room was freezing the way I like it. The Penn station was about a 5-10min drive. Me personally I would not walk because of the way the area appears. It was very easy to catch onto traveling with the Path & subway systems. I saw Tops diner but didn't have time to visit. I will stay here again if I ever visit New York.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family