All reviews tops diner new york industrial area a wonderful stay free breakfast broad street penn station would stay here again free parking up to date convenient location path train king bed into nyc highway uber cruise
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Was a good place to stay but location was not. Near highway and in business district. Good breakfast daily, clean rooms, and friendly staff. Was able to get Uber transportation and was even allowed late check-out due to plan departure time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We strive to provide great personalized customer service. Despite the drawback about the industrial area we are surrounded by in downtown Newark NJ we offer a clean, service oriented and happy environment for our guests.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

WebSite: comfortsuites.com/hotel/nj123

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the rail station and the New York City attractions. The hotel itself is very nice and newly renovated. However, no guest likes to hear the reassurance that their parked vehicle will have 24-hour surveillance. Nor is it reassuring when police officers show up while you're trying to eat breakfast. Next time, we'll stay in New York.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I am searching for hotels close to Manhattan in New York City. Several years ago I wrote of a Comfort Suites that fit the bill, but the have since lost their branding. This comfort suites is very, very nice. They vary the breakfasts, and Aetha, the manager of the breakfasts treats you as though you were staying in a Ritz Carlton. She was so caring. They have snacks available which many Comforts I've been in don't offer. If you want to go into New York City, you have to drive or take a cab or Uber down the street 1 1/4 miles to the PATH train station. That's OK with me as long as I can avoid driving in the city.

Room Tip: First floor is close to food service, if you don't mind keeping your drapes closed all the time.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Terri S

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

It's the worst comfort suite I have ever stayed. Actually I am a fan of comfort suite and I am traveling in US for 2 months so I have stayed at many hotel. However, everything here let me feel terrible.

First of all, when I checkin, the front desk staff was impatient. She is an African American with Afro hair. She told me a wifi code , but it was not working. So I went downstair again for the access of internet. Then she was quite rude and unfriendly for telling me the correct code. I can't understand, it's your fault not me! I have no idea why she looks so unhappy with me? Just because I'm not good in English or because I'm an Asian?

The room was big but smelled very bad. The atmosphere of this room was stinky. Although I turned on the air conditioner with maximum level, it's still terrible.

Wifi is free but very slow. And do not ask the code twice or you will be yelled.

Breakfast was free but too many people there, so the quality was descent.

Location was not good because its within the industry area. Near Newark downtown and it looks very dangerous especially at night. Although it's closed to station, but we were too afraid so we didn't take the train.

I stayed at many comfort suites these two month. It's first time I feel very bad about this brand.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Rex_Chang
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a wonderful and satisfying experience. Consequently,it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from guests are taken seriously. I would like to assure you that all the issues raised have been addressed and appropriate action has been taken. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The Hotel was clean and quiet. There were not a lot to do there but sleep. here is no pool, no bar. only a compuer station with a fac and copy machine and a mini beverage area. Another thing that I noticed was that it is a very dangerous driveway entrance to get into the place. If you are not familiar wit the area.It is in a industrial area ...you cannot walk anywhere especially at night in the area it is located. other than that it was an ok stay. Beware of the highway and entry way of the hotel....Dangerous!!!

Room Tip: try for an upper level room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey J
comfortsuitesnewark, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017