New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Great Customer Service-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

The management and front desk staff have been working with us on the block of rooms for my daughters wedding in June 2012 and have been extremely helpful. There were many choices in the vicinity , but the customer service experienced by the HIE staff far exceeded all the others and made the decision to select this hotel for our guests an easy one. Linda G

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hotel is centrally located, the staff we met were friendly and warm. The place is clean, comfy beds, great pool. Breakfast in the morn always gets my vote too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed for just one night for a family affair. Check in was quick, cookies and bottled water a plus. Room was very clean, neat, furnishings modern, bed comfy. Never saw the pool, but heard from some families that it was very nice. Continental Breakfast was clean and well stocked (altho my cheerios tasted like cardboard - a bit stale).

City girl that I am I saw a huge groundhog eating on the lawn out the window. It made my day - it was so cute!

One word of precaution. When coming in later in the evening you must use your room key to enter the main lobby because the door is locked. We were let in by security police (2) who were very respectful, but a bit intimidating. I am unfamiliar with the neighborhood, so I have no idea why the security, but it was a bit over the top unless there have been issues.

Other than that, I would recommend this hotel without reservation. The staff all appeared very young, but for the most part very professional. Good Job and Thanks!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor odd number, it was quiet and very nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Maryland USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Chose this property for a one night business stay because I had to. I usually stay at the Courtyard down the road or even the Residence Inn which were both sold out. When doing research on Tripadvisor I was excited to see there now was a HIE with fantastic reviews in nearby Neptune!
Property located off Route 66 and there was a brand new WAWA next to it within walking distance. The hotel has an award on display inside indicating they won for best, "renovation" which I would agree but hard to tell as the the property looks brand new inside and out.
Perhaps my only small complaint was check-in. I am always taken aback when asked for a photo id but they wanted to make a photo copy of it? Always makes me wonder what kind of a neighborhood I am staying in?
The hotel is three floors and you enter and reception is located on the 2nd floor. As mentioned in previous reviews, every room is a huge suite! Brand new furnishings and furniture I only dream all HIE were furnished with! Combo carpet and tile floor, small sink and microwave area, separate bedroom with 2 entrances and it's own HVAC and TV.
Work desk was equipped with a lamp with multiple outlets and a nice chair. All furniture in art-deco. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Separate room for toilet, large standup shower and separate dressing area. All had plenty of room, and all enclosed in its own room. I was quite pleased!
Hotel has a salt water pool which I did not try along with a gym. Breakfast was standard HIE food. I will stay here again as the rate was a lot less than the Courtyard and, well, I liked the suite . Parking was no problem and the parkinglot was well lit. Wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_Unlimited, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear panther61,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the rooms and rates worked well for you. We appreciate the great compliments and always try to give our customers the best stay we possibly can. We hope to see you again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Neptune
North Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I really enjoyed my 5 dayd that I spent there the staff was nice and curtious and very helpful

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
1.6 km away
1.1 km away
Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre
8.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#5 of 6 in Asbury Park
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!