“Thoroughly enjoyed”

Echo Tap and Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Echo Tap and Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Mountainside
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

My husband and I finally tried the new Echo Tap and Grill. He had a yen for a burger and a beer, and I suspected this place would fit the bill. It did!

First, the decor is funky yet inviting. The bar section featured mostly tall tables. The other side had some cool sculptures hanging from the ceiling, lots,of plants and a large free-standing fireplace.

The bar featured some 15 or 20 beers on tap (plus several mainstream bottles). The tap beers were listed with descriptions and origins. There was also a decent, fairly-priced wine list plus specialty cocktails, most of which sounded delicious! (I was on medication and had to resist).

Finally, the food. The menu was mostly an extended bar / tavern menu, with several types of burgers, tacos, sandwiches, etc. They also had about ten entrees. The bar stuff mostly ran from $10 - $15, the entrees around $27 or so

We each went for the bacon cheeseburger; he chose the salad, I went for the French fries. Our burgers were top quality, large (I took home half of mine), juicy and perfectly cooked to the level we requested. His side salad was excellent, as were my fries.

They have,a,large staff, but service was a slow, but very friendly and welcoming. One of the owners came around, as he recognized us as regulars from the Union Plaza Diner which they previously owned.

All in all, we very much enjoyed our meal, and we look forward to returning. The only minor criticism I have is to put better lighting in the bathrooms. The ladies room (while clean) looks like it belongs in a NY club, but it was very dim, really, too dim. But that is the only negative comment!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Just left the restaurant after celebrating my mom's birthday. Noel was our server and she did a great job. Like the place because all the staff helps each other.

Atmosphere is very cool: bar area, fire pit area (indoors), dining tables and booths.. Many options.

Went for brunch... But could also order off of regular menu.

Thanks Noel for helping make it a special day

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Lousy food that we had to wait a long time for.
After 2 full bowls of chips, we got our seared tuna special that was cooked through. Our friend had the fajita-like dish that was served with 5 mini tortillas... he was basically left with a bowl of vegetables. Other friend had the organic chicken: she won.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I wanted this place so much to be good while I watched it being built. I couldn't wait to try it when it opened but unfortunately the food is lacking and the service is bad. You wait a half hour just to get a drink at your table. The entrees are cheaply made. The food just doesn't taste good. It's worse than diner food.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

While Echo Tap and Grille is great for ambiance, the same cannot be said for the food and drinks. The cocktails are poorly made - the mojito is not really a mojito it is just a bunch of liquor mixed with a sprig of mint and the margaritas are just ok. The food is average to below average. The burger was fine, but everything else our group ordered was not great and certainly not worth the money. But the positive is the place looks great and the managers are attentive.