“birthday trip”

Coco Key Water Resort
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

9/9/18-9/11/18
Had a great time thanks to the staff and Tim at the front desk. Everything is on site waterpark, restaurant bar and pool. The area is great too, although you must drive or take a cab. Wal-Mart the Moorestown mall, skyzone, bowling and the Fun plex is within a miles drive. we cant waut to di it again.

1  Thank Lucretia C
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Lucretia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to seeing you again!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"groupon"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is super nice and super clean. The kids have lots of fun at the indoor waterpark and the outside pool . I really recommend it for a mini family vacation and it’s also not expensive.

Jorvan77-New Jersey

1  Thank jorvan77
thehotelml, Manager at Coco Key Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at our water park and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

As soon as you walk in, the smell of the lobby smells like an old place. We went the mid week for $25 each, our 3 year old paid and my parents (age >65) were free. The place is small, the hot tub was too hot! There was no place for adults to stay in except for the lazy river which they didn’t open til 2pm. The line was crazy and not enough tubes for everyone. The water on the kiddie area where the slides was not clear, I’m wondering if it was even clean at all. Once is enough, I don’t think we’re going back again. By the way, no food allowed and the food there is expensive and just blah. I would rather just pay extra more to go to Great Wolf Lodge.

1  Thank icee14

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience during your recent visit to CoCo Key Water Resort at The Hotel ML. It is only through the valuable feedback of guests like yourself that we can continue to identify opportunities to improve the service, facilities and amenities that we provide to our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and I can assure you that we will engage all customer comments with our team.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Visited the indoor water park mid-August in an attempt to get my toddler over her fear of water.
While I love the concept and setup of the water park there was a lot going on. I’m sure it was because it was a Saturday. As I’ve been here on a weekday years ago and it was much more enjoyable and every area was accessible.

The kids pool on the upper level was filled with older children who probably belonged in the larger pools downstairs. This at first was frightening and overwhelming for my daughter because the older kids are splashing water everywhere.

However, my daughter enjoyed the lower ground level area of the pool. I’m assuming because there was more space for her to get around and explore, this also did the trick of helping her overcome her fear. We arrived around noon which was perfect.. There were severe thunderstorms so on two occasions the ground level pool was closed.

Unfortunately we didn’t get to experience the lazy river (it appeared they were short staffed) as when the ground level pool was briefly closed the lazy river opened, however this caused a great deal of chaos.

The food service could’ve used some additional hands especially on a weekend when your probably getting double the amount of clientele.. ordering chicken strips and fries took about 45 minutes to get.. and the 22.00 for a “fishbowl” drink was definitely no worth it.

While it helped me ultimately achieve a goal for my toddler, not sure if I could do this establishment on a weekend ever again.

Ms. C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. Having the opportunity to know how we are serving our guests helps us maintain our standards and improve any areas of concern. We are so glad to hear that your daughter was able to overcome her fear of water while at our facility. We will certainly address the issues you noted with our team, and hope you choose to visit us in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2018

If I could rate this a 0 I would. I went last week with my husband and 2 kids ages 8 and 13. The water park is small and mostly for smaller children. Kids over the age of 11 will get easily bored after a hour. Some of the attractions were shut down. The water was very warm, dirty, and had a strong smell of chlorine. The place is way too hot. The lifeguards suck. They had kids climbing up the slides without saying anything. This one little boy was climbing up the slide and ended up slipping and landing on another little boy and I saw the lifeguard just laugh. The line was really long in the lazy river. My 13 year old said he had to save a kid in the lazy river who was struggling to get out of the current because the lifeguards didn't jump in to help. The food is disgusting and over priced. The drinks at the bar were weak. This place is INFESTED. There were roaches near attractions, in the bathroom, near the tables etc. Both of my kids ended up sick the next day. I can't believe they have the nerve to call this place a "resort". I'm so glad I didn't stay in the hotel part especially since I read the reviews. I will not be back again. Sahara Sams is so much better.

4  Thank Alexis T

Alexis,

We apologies for you less than perfect stay. We are aware of the challenges you faced and would like to assure that it's a top priority in maintaining a fun, clean and safe environment. Your insight helps us grow as a company and assists us in training our employees to better serve you. I have reviewed your experience with our staff and our management team. We also take pest control very seriously. We have and will continue to have pest control professionals inspect and treat our facility until this unfortunate situation is rectified. Once again I apologize and hope you give us the opportunity to win back your loyalty in the future.