“Fantastic restaurant!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Corso 98 last night with my husband who is a French chef and, as a result is very hard to please when dining out. This restaurant is AWESOME! The service was great and my husband commented on the professionalism of the dining staff. But, let's the focus on the food. The bread was delicious, served with sides of seasoned butter and tapenade. We enjoyed a tuna tartar and brie en croute as starters. Both were fantastic! Next, we shared a homemade cheese & spinach ravioli and I can't even begin to describe how much we enjoyed it. This was probably the best ravioli I've ever had. For our entre, I had the halibut which was fantastic! My husband had a veal chop which he described as 'a very generous portion size and cooked to perfection'. For desert, we had a homemade vanilla cake with walnuts and burnt brown sugar. I'm sure my description does not do it justice, but believe me it was soooooo good. Although Corso 98 is an hour away from our home, we will definitely be back! The service was excellent, and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS! There are not a lot of restaurants that we would describe this way, but this place is a winner! Definitely a great place to dine!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My friends & I celebrate birthdays here. Food is consistently excellent, service is wonderful and they don’t rush you. Highly recommend !!! Plus, their bakery is next door. Equally excellent !

1  Thank JazzinInJersey
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I love this place. The food is amazing, especially the Home made pasta. The owner is very friendly and has such passion. He always greets every table and is part of the experience. In Montclair it is a must!

1  Thank Carl M
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our friends and my wife and I dined at Corso 98 this past weekend. Corso 98 is a warm and cozy byob Italian restaurant in Montclair New Jersey. We all had a great dinner that evening. We began with appetizers of the whipped goat cheese with fried tomatoes and grilled bread, grilled artichoke hearts and crab cakes. All were excellent. Entrees were the pork chop carella, grilled shrimp over risotto and cannellini beans and the pan seared crispy chicken. Each was perfectly seasoned with herbs and sauces. For dessert we had Italian ice box cake, tiramisu and Italian cheesecake. The waitstaff was friendly and professional. Corso 98 is one of the best restaurants in Montclair. We were all delighted with dinner and will definitely return.

2  Thank arubaphil
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Have been here many times over the years. The food is and has always been amazing. The service is superb. Its worth a trip to Montclair .

1  Thank mickeynj1