All reviews hand soap boutique hotel continental breakfast new york bobbi
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Not to be missed. Amazing rooms. Appointed beautifully. Very friendly staff. The sitting room off the lobby, so comfortable. All the rooms are named after people who’s namesakes adorn your walls. Love love love this place.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Nick S, General Manager at The George, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear MattySpindel,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments from your recent stay at THE GEORGE. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our curated selection of photos in each room.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Beautiful rooms, large and spacious, decor hip. Kind staff. Few kinks to be worked out, but overall a great addition to Montclair. Not inexpensive though.. Now I have a place to stay when visiting family.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nick S, General Manager at The George, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Gina F,

Thank you for a wonderful review of your recent stay at THE GEORGE. I am glad you have found a home away from home in Montclair, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Overall a fantastic find. Luckily, I will need to go back as I have business nearby. You feel welcomed the minute you step across the threshold. You feel as if you are in a European estate. Everything around you is finished with a keen eye towards perfection. My room, which was not the most expensive was extremely comfortable with everything you need. Only quirk was that it is not staffed 24/7 which I assume will change as the property matures. GREAT breakfast spread unlike any American continental breakfast I have ever had. All Staff friendly, helpful, and welcoming with a smile. I will return every time I am in the area if it remains in our corporate travel budget!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Upintheairtoomuch,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad that you enjoyed you throughly enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Our family of four stayed at The George on our very last night of living in Montclair. Because our house was packed up, we just needed a place to sleep with our immense amount of luggage. We were blown away by the style, hospitality and quality of The George. There are so few boutique options in the area, and this one wins on all counts. The complimentary breakfast was simple and delicious, complete with every Nespresso option you would want. Our room (Room W) was so unique and comfortable - it felt like we were staying in someone's hip, stylized home rather than a hotel. To top it off, my daughter left her beloved stuffed dog in our room, right before we flew to Los Angeles for a permanent move. Nick the manager found the toy and Fed-exed it too us right away. It arrived before my daughter even realized it was missing. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KCNYCLA
Nick S, General Manager at The George, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear KCNYCLA,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at THE GEORGE before your move to the West Coast. I am also pleased that you felt right at home at THE GEORGE, as that is our number one goal. We hope to be your 2nd home in Montclair whenever you return to visit!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling for the first time with my service dog Zowee. All staff were friendly and helpful. Zowee and I had a wonderful time. I was in one of the disability rooms. There were grab bars around the toilet however no grab bars in the shower (that’s why I gave 4 stars). The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. I would definitely stay at The George Inn again. And look forward to my next stay!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nick S, General Manager at The George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Lisar1962,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at THE GEORGE. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the one-of-a-kind touches in your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.