“Superb. Cash only. ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took my mom here last night as she loves good Chinese but doesn’t get a chance to go out often. Had always heard good thing about Joes but never went.

Joe’s is known for their Peking Duck but they have a large menu with choices other than duck. We ordered and shared items we usually get at our favorite Chinese restaurant in Philadelphia; salt baked squid, eggplant in garlic sauce, duck with green vegetable (baby bok choi and roast pork noodle soup.

Everything was fantastic. My mom said it was one of the best meals of any kind she had in a long time. My wife and I agreed. The squid was tender with a slight crunch from the salt. The eggplant soft and cooked absolutely perfect. Same with the duck. The soup broth was flavorful, the noodles were the right consistency, not too soft and not too hard and the pork was superb.

All I can say is this is the best Chinese cuisine in South Jersey. Beats the other restaurants in the area by a long shot.

Service was prompt and polite. Total for the three of us was $60 including tax! And we had leftovers.

Just know they don’t accept credit cards. Good thing we had cash because we didn’t know this until we went to pay the check.

Eat at Joe’s. You’ll love it.

1  Thank dfgdave

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Super good food, prices are low moderate, service is attentive. I've had meals here for over 35 years. Place is small and noisy at times. Always consistent food preparation.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

It's the real deal for Asian food. I would highly recommend it. Alot of regulars. So you know it's good

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I'll start with this: if you love duck, stop reading this review, go immediately to Joe's, and order the Peking Duck. You're welcome.

I'm a duck lover, so when I saw the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor I had to give Joe's a try. It was a great experience. I knew we were in for a treat when we arrived at 5:30 on a dreadfully cold and rainy Sunday afternoon to find the small restaurant packed with diners. We waited for about 15 minutes before a table became available, at which point I noticed that roughly half of the guests were of Asian descent. I took this as another good sign.

The staff was friendly and efficient. We began with the seafood soup for two, which was very good, if not the best we've ever had. My wife enjoyed her Pineapple Chicken, though she was most enthusiastic about the Bok choy, which we both thought was the best we'd ever had. But the real highlight was my Peking Duck; it was cooked just perfectly, with the wonderfully crispy skin over the deliciously tender meat. The doughy pancakes made for a tasty if filling wrap, but the icing on the cake was the amazingly tangy barbecue sauce that accompanied the entree. A week later I find myself craving this dish, so I am certain to be a return customer. My dilemma is that there are many other dishes on the menu I'd like to try, yet the appeal of the Peking Duck may make any other choice difficult. I've had duck (in other preparations) that was as good as this, but none I've liked more.

Fortunately, Joe's is very reasonably priced. And it's a casual dining environment; many of the diners seemed to be regulars, and there was a good deal of cross-table conversation. But that only adds to the welcoming, local atmosphere, and never interfered with our dinner conversation. I hope Joe's continues to do well, because I plan to visit many more times in the future.

1  Thank Chuck B
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

If you want the best Chinese food look no more. Joe's Peking duck out does them all. The food here is the delicious, it is fresh and they give you plenty. They also have an extensive menu. A home run!!