“The Most Rare of Dining Experiences”

Lorena's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lorena's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Maplewood
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Local Ingredients Deeply Rooted in French Technique
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Perfection is hard to find. But, it exists in this restaurant. From the greeting at the door to receiving our coats at the end, Lorena's was the most rare of dining experiences. Dinner started with an amuse of pea soup with truffle oil. The appetizers, the salmon tartare and mushroom soup, were superb. The entrees knocked the culinary experience out of the park. My venison was one of the best dishes that I've had in my life. I also sampled the beef dish at our table; it was outstanding. An apple cider with ginger shot preceded dessert. The desserts we ordered - the pumpkin bread pudding and chocolate torte - were amazing. Celebrating an engagement in our party, the restaurant surprised the couple with a coconut panacotta that was lovely.

Service was perfection, as was the quiet dignified setting, where nary a cell phone could be seen or heard (though I discretely took some photos of the dishes for my foodie friends and family). Some may say that this was a step back in time, but it was wonderful. Conversations could take place amid a wonderful dining experience.

This is a BYOB restaurant and the wine we brought matched very well with the entrees. It was beautifully served to us as well.

2  Thank Often_on_road

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Small intimate restaurant. Excellent experience. The food was out of this world starting with the shot glass of the most amazing pea soup - loved the lobster/crab meat crepe, the tuna tartare, mushroom soup, salad and - did I leave anything out? We didn't have dessert so can't comment on that. The service was formal and spot on. Definitely will return.

Only negative comment- please buy new artwork.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Have been a handful of times now and haven't had a mediocre meal yet. Just be sure to plan ahead because reservations are hard to get!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

This is my absolute favorite restaurant. The service is impeccable. The food is excellent. I've never had a bad meal or a dish I would not have again. Servings are small. Have an appetizer and a main dish. Consider dessert. It's pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Great food. A bit expensive, but if you want to eat at a place where everything is micromanaged to the last detail, with your experience in mind, it's going to cost you. Food and service are excellent. You get the sense that the place is micro-managed by a chef who cares. Presentation and execution of meals had just the right amount of creativity.