“At the corner of Autumn and Summer ”
Review of 17 Summer

17 Summer
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Lodi
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

I would never have gone to this restaurant hidden in Lodi NJ if not for a foodie friend's rave review. It is a BYOB charmer with a cuisine that fits the season. The menu is thoughtfully created every 4 to 6 weeks. Substitutions are made due to fresh availability. I had the black Sea bass which was amazing. My friend has duck - off the charts good. She talks about the best muscle dish which is no longer on the menu - best she ever had. Small store front. Need reservations on weekends.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

First time at 17 Summer. Dined with two friends. We decided to dine wild and crazy and take the full 17 Summer dining experience. We started with the Chef's Bread of the Day - cheese puffs kind of bread; delicious. We then split two appetizers both delicious: Roasted Bone Marrow- Topped with Herb and Lemon Breadcrumbs, Toast Points and Duck Sausage- House Made Duck Sausage and Broccoli Rabe. Next we split the ravioli, also delicious: Ravioli- House Made Stracciatella filled Ravioli, Butter, Marsala Gastrique. My two friends both ordered the duck for their entree: Duck- Pan Seared Duck Breast, Smoked Cranberry Chutney, Black Forbidden Rice; again delicious. I went with the snapper: Red Snapper- Red Snapper Filet En Papillote, Purple Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Spicy Peperonata; again delicious. Two waiters went back and forth helping out. Food was served at a nice reasonable pace. The waitress who took our order was very helpful explaining the different dishes. We finished with sharing a delicious chocolate torte. Dining at 17 Summer is not for everyone. It is a small space seating around twenty. The room has an open kitchen so you can watch the chefs at work. We were not bothered by any smoke or smells. Beware that it is also very expensive so it is a special occasion restaurant. Because we splurged, out bill was $200; split three ways, not bad. We will definitely return for a special occasion meal.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

small venue. which is not a problem.
ventilation is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!
you are completely overcome by the kitchen smoke..
food is, being generous, subpar.
wife was interested something different was being offered, lamb stew was on the menu.
what was served was not very appetizing.
we expressed our displeasure to our servers to no avail.
they could care less. absolutely the last time we go to this over hyped restaurant
stay away

2  Thank Ed D
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I like this place. It is different and cutting edge. Not your basic red sauce menu. Appetizers of octopus, thinly sliced veal hearts, or locally foraged maiutake (spelling?) mushrooms speaks for itself. Fresh pasta with sausage was delicious. While I had the lamb, I tasted the pork chop and duck from my fellow diners, and all were excellent quality products. What came along on the plate was equally fresh and well composed. Dessert of olive oil cake is light and outstanding. BYOB!! Just go.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I heard about this place from my friends , so i went to check it :) I wasn't disappointed!!
Interesting menu that is updated every 6 weeks! The food was great, and it's really enjoyable to watch them preparing your food.Everything was tasty and fresh.They also have some home made deserts.The food is pricey ,but It's worthy.
The owner lady is very pleasant and nice. I will be back soon ,to check the new menu