All reviewsstrip housenice hotelshuttle servicewedding partybusiness tripbed was very comfortablenew jerseyenjoyed my stayfitness centerindoor poolpopsrobehallwaytoiletriesballroombellmanrefrigerator
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here right after they got power back from Frankenstorm. They could of had a zillion reasons why rooms weren't clean or the service wasn't friendly. They didn't need them because both were impeccable at an extremely reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2012
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. Even under the most challenging times, such as “Hurricane Sandy”, our team works tirelessly to maintain our service levels. Thank you and we are very appreciative of your recognition.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Zohre Bingol
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and it was overall a good stay. The front desk staff was very helpful and polite. They explained all the amentites and gave us clear directions to our room. When we arrived at our room, it was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean as well minus a bit of grunge around the handrail in the tub that might have been overlooked by the housekeeping staff. After our busy day of travelling, we managed to get a good sleep thanks to the comfy bed. We tried the free breakfast the next morning and it was O.K although the staff in there seemed a bit unwelcoming. Spent most days out and returned evenings to the room cleaned to perfection. The only mishap was that there were two of us staying in the room but the housekeeping kept leaving us only one clean washcloth. Outside of that, the housekeeping staff was friendly. Went to check out the gym which was so far down and tucked away in the basement that we decided not to use it especially since there was no security in sight. One thing we found was that the elevators and hallways to the rooms were always warm (no ventilation?) For the most part, this was a lovely hotel for our short stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virgomom79

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Westminster Hotel. We appreciate your kind remarks about our staff and the room. We are happy to hear that you got a good night sleep on our amazingly comfortable Hollandia International bed.
Thank you for staying at the Westminster Hotel. Should your travelers take you back to the area, please visit us again.

Best Regards,

Zohre Bingol
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was the recomended place to stay for an organized event. The hotel is clean, modern and well kept. Our room was above average in square footage and well appointed. All amminties were included. The refigerator was a plus and the Wi-Fi worked well. Only down side was the lighting in the bathroom was poor, even with the seperate shaving mirror I had some difficulty shaving. The drinks at the cocktail lounge were a bit pricey. There were to mixologist, the lady was very good but the man seemed more interested in the younger women and made a comment to us that was a bit out of line. We had the Sunday morning breakfast buffet, the food was acceptable but not worth the price. Overall performance was upheld by the hotel and it's staff, the dining facility was less than stellar.

Room Tip: We found that the indoor pool and exersise area were quite nice. The rooms were quieter than most large hotels where we have stayed. For some reason the larger hotels where we have stayed have not found a way to cure the noisy and unacceptable cooling and heating situation, this hotel was no exception.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank harold66
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular your room and our health and wellnes facilities. We appreciate the high marks you give us for our rooms, service, cleanliness and location! I do hope you will return and it would be my pleasure to handle the details of a future stay personally. Please feel free to contact me on 973.548.0036 if i can assist you further.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed here for a reunion and found our room to be very elegantly appointed and comfortable. The front desk personnel were courteous and helpful. Parking is free and plentiful. The bar is pricey, but convenient. There seems to be a lot of wedding parties here. The hotel food is....hotel food. Satisfactory, but not great. Bottom line: I would visit again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would return. If i can assist you in the future, please call on me personally. You can reach directly on 973.548.0036.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I had my wedding reception at this location and was looking forward to a wonderful meal and evening. The planning went smoothly with one glitch that my coordinator left the company mid-planning and no one told me until I questioned around after unanswered emails. This was early on though, so no harm done.
Our tasting was phenomenal - the chef came out and spoke with us, we tried a variety of foods and they took great care of us. However, the night of the event the food was well below par. The steak and salmon were placed on cutting boards with no attendants or heat lamps. By the time the 5th person got to the salmon to cut a piece it looked like a mess. All the food was cold by the time the second half of the tables were called up.
I had cupcakes at the event and a few dozen left over but was told they could not wrap them up for us to take home because they threw away the container.
They were very understaffed - always a long line at the bar (note - my event had only 60 people) and I had to ask 5-6 times to get the lights turned down. We were dancing in bright lights for most of the night.
When they packed up my decorations that I carefully delivered all wrapped up in bubble wrap and paper, everything was thrown in boxes - a glass piece was broken and a few small items were missing.
To top it off, I left my after party dress at the hotel in the bathroom and called back the day I left to see if they could retrieve it for me and they said they hadn't found it.
I was very pleased with our suite which was complimentary with our room block. However, our room block was spread throughout the entire hotel on all 3 floors - not in a block as I'd imagined.
Overall I was very disappointed as our expectations were not at all met. While we didn't let these small things bother us the night of, many guests had complaints about one thing or the other. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this venue for a large event.

Room Tip: The suites have adjustable and massage beds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that some components of your wedding did not live up to expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your suite and that you give us high marks for cleanliness, sleep quality and rooms. I am sorry that some rooms in your group were located in different areas of the hotel. It can be hard to keep everyone together during high demand weekends.

Our food service is provided by The Glazier Group and I understand that you are in contact with them regarding your event. i am sure they will be able to address your concerns. Congratulations again on your wedding. I wish you a lifetime of happiness. if i can assist you further, please contact me directly on 973.548.0036