“Always great ice cream”

Hoffmans Ice Cream and Yogurt
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Little Silver
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Our most recent visit was during the winter (as was the previous visit) since "it's never too cold for ice cream." The staff is always very friendly, even when it's almost closing time, and the ice cream is always fresh. It's nice that they have single scoop sizes because even those are plenty big and filling. The selection is varied and there's no trouble finding a tasty flavor or two. I prefer Hoffman's over any other local ice creamery, even though we have another one only 1 mile from home (whereas Hoffman's is about 4 miles).

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Hoffman's is a well known ice cream stop at the Jersey Shore. If you are an ice cream fan put it on your must visit list!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

Can't go wrong at Hoffmans. Banana ice cream was great and the kids serving are extremely polite and not shy of giving you very large scoops of ice cream. Plenty of parking and some tables to sit and enjoy inside.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Ok, I told myself that I wouldn't go back to Hoffman's because of ammonia smell but my boss convinced me to go and he would buy me an ice cream. So I go. They were painting the place(guess they can't do it when there's no one around) but I asked for a sample of their vanilla chip ice cream. Wasn't bad...I'll try a cup of it. Let me tell you, that was some of the best vanilla chip ice cream I've had in a long time! I guess I'll have to give them a second chance. Good stuff!!!!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 29 September 2014

I have had Hoffman's ice cream in Spring Lake for years so when one opened up right across the street from my office I was thrilled! Our whole office went soon after opening and it was the usual great ice cream. It started to get a little busier so the service was slow because they usually have only one person working and watch out if a team of kids comes in...you really won't get waited on. Recently though, every time I go it smells so bad of ammonia that I have to leave. I done this a few times hoping to get an ice cream but the smell of cleaner is so strong that I just can't eat that ice cream. I get so turned off by it. I would like a waffle cone or sweet smell when I walk in; not ammonia. All I can think about is that smell in the air and floating over all the ice cream in the case. I don't care if the ice cream cases are closed, it's so strong that I am not going to do business with them any more. I opted to drive to Carvel in Little Silver. When I have more time to travel, take a trip to Gracie and the Dudes on Highway 36 in West Long Branch(in front of K Mart). The most natural ice cream in the area, clean and NEVER smells like ammonia even though he cleans his place and machines all the time.

Date of visit: September 2014