“Great place for a private party”

Rare the Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Rare the Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Little Falls
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 23
Transit: NJ Transit and Little Falls train station
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We picked this location to have a small dinner party for my cousin's birthday. There is a small room, the wine room, for just such events. Steve, I think is a manager, was incredibly helpful putting together a menu and a wine list for the event. Originally we were going to be 14 but at the last minute 2 more people decided to attend. The staff jumped into action to accommodate the extra guests. The room, except for the wine cellars, does not really stand out in any way so bring decorations to amp it up. The waiters were very attentive pouring wine and water for the guests and Steve checked in a few times to ensure all was well. The food was very good. The apps were served family style. I ate so much I wondered if I would be able to eat my main course. I did. It was delicious. We had an outside cake but we were served dessert trays with a delicious assortment of treats. A little something for everyone. The dinner party was a huge success and I would recommend this restaurant for small events to everyone.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I bought a gift certificate for my husband. I'm not a big fan of eating meat but what the heck. We didn't like where our table was situated (too loud) and the waiter accommodated us and moved us to a cozier area. My sister and her BF joined us and we all thought the service was excellent, the food was excellent. It is expensive - so let's make that clear. This is a restaurant to visit on a special occasion.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We come here once a month, generally sit at the same table and 9 out of 10 times get the same server, Nikki. Food is great, service is exceptional and the only drawback is that the environment/lighting is a bit on the darker side (no windows) but they do offer valet and like I said, food and service is A++

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We were greeted and seated promptly. The waiter took our drink order then came back and showed us the tray of steak offerings. We ordered fried calamari for an appetizer. I had the 10 oz filet cooked to medium. Pretty good steak! I did want to add a little salt. They offer 2 steak sauces, but i didn't taste them. Sides were asparagus, potatoes, mac n cheese, mushrooms and onions. The side portions are enough for 2-3 people, and they were ok. I had cappuccino and cheesecake for dessert which were delish. We went on a Tuesday night and even though the place was very busy, we had great service.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Came here with a group of 8 on a Wed night. For our large group they accommodated us in a private room with ample service for our group. They had excellent steak options which we were allowed to view before ordering which is the norm for a good steak house so we were pleased when we had the option to look at the cuts.
Everyone in our group was pleased with their selections - cooked to order as specified.
Definitely not cheap by any means but what really good steak house is?
Place is a little off the beaten path and you almost miss it but the decor and atmosphere inside is nice. There was some rain that day and some of the streets nearby were flooded as its in sort of flood zone type area in Little Falls. We got detoured and it took a little longer to get there.
Overall, we would go back and would recommend.