“Pretty okay Indian grub”
Review of Deccan Spice

Deccan Spice
Ranked #238 of 655 Restaurants in Jersey City
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Deccan Spice is a small joint that remains open till very late on weekends and serves pretty okay Indian grub. We have tried their goat and paneer makhani biryani, both of which are a hit miss kinda dishes. Some days good, on others okay. Their parathas are pretty decent and if you have a dosa craving late at night, you can go knocking there. The dosas are okay. All in all, just about okay.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We went over for a late dinner past midnight. the food leaves much to be desired. it seems that they use the same blend of spices for all of their curries. we tried the gobi manchurian and lamb curry and you could feel the same base blend of spices in both. the spices are hot which as an indian is fine by me, but these spices overwhelm the taste of the food. all of their dishes comes with onion which in themselves are pungent and takes away from the taste of the main dish
Better to go to other places and try out indian dishes

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Never ever go there. Food was not edible. Service was horrible. Unfriendly and scarry. We were not welcome. Scarry servers and service. HORRIBLE

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Never in my life did I ever leave the food on my plate before trying food at Deccan Spice. Tried the Biryani and it was nothing but rice mixed with Indian pickles.. Its neither Indian, nor anything. Its neither Biryani, nor anything. Avoid it. There are much better eats in Newark Ave for all your food needs.

2  Thank Suryavarman
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I had been to Deccan Spice for dinner expecting decent Indian food. I had ordered Egg biryani from the menu. When the biryani arrived on my table I saw the bowl of biryani rice with half cut boiled eggs on top of it. The rice was hot as expected but the eggs were cold as if they were just now taken out from the fridge and cut into two pieces and kept on the rice to make it look like an egg biryani. Never till this date I had this kind of hot and cold biryani. Biryani too was nothing great to taste. I felt like I was cheated. If this is the quality of food Deccan spice has I would best avoid it forever. There are many good restaurants in the vicinity which serve a variety of Indian dishes. This restaurant is worth ignored.

1  Thank Nilesh Z