All reviews bus terminal rooms are huge morning breakfast free breakfast nyc
Reviewed 28 September 2018

it's in a bad neighbourhood the elevator stunk of cannabis the room was outdated but had everything you needed booked 3nights but cancelled one. as we did not want to stay longer they also had a free shuttle service to the airport

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank btaxi
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The manager at night between 9-10 PM would not answer the phone so that we could request a shuttle from the airport. We finally took an expensive taxi from the airport! The manager that started at 10 only said that he had just come on duty. However, the manager in the morning, Dev, was very helpful in getting us an Uber ride to the Cruise terminal. The room was good size, the bed sagged in the middle, the A/C was good. Breakfast was good with fruit, waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, juice, coffee.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Against my gut, I booked a room for 2 nights because it was close to the airport and had a shuttle! The driver was nice but the place was unkept and scary. We didn’t even make it to the room before we cancelled on the app. The hall near the ‘lobby’ was dark, dingy and looked scary. We were walked to a place to put our bags but it was just a spot in the middle of a laundry / junky type room. We booked through Booking.com ( my first mistake). I learned a hard lesson that cost me a nights stay. So I warn you, don’t waste your money or time. Find somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Used a competitor's booking service to book this "Great Value Airport" hotel with a "free" airport shuttle. What a disaster! First of all the shuttle service only runs hourly if you're lucky, we waited an hour. As the shuttle left the airport we quickly realized this hotel was nowhere near the Newark-Liberty Airport and as we approached the hotel location it was clear the area was not safe. Upon arrival the shuttle driver immediately asked for a tip and it still gets worse! Entering the hotel lobby, the reception desk and attendant is behind bullet proof glass!! (you can't make this stuff up).

Bottom line: This should never be classified as an "airport hotel with a free shuttle service". The location is horrible and this hotel is not where you want to be.

Room Tip: Book anywhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018

I made the reservation on12/04/17, with Red Carpet Inn in Irvington New Jersey. I chose this hotel, because of the price and that it offered free airport pickup and drop off.The day before my flight, I called to find out about airport pickup, no answer. The day of our flight I called about 10 times throughout the day, with no answer, the phone just rang. I sent an email at 9 am the 22nd to explain that we were coming in at 9:30 pm and needed pick up and that no one was answering the phone, to see if they had a new number , and got no reply. Upon arrival to the airport, we were told to call the hotel from the Kiosk #42, but no one answered. Two airport employees also tried calling, with no answer. They told me they had not seen their pick up van all day, and that you had to call for pick up. But, they wouldn't pick up the phone. At this point I thought they may have gone out of business. We had to book another hotel, and spend $115, because we were never able to get through to them, or get picked up from the airport. Yet, we were still charged for the room. I still have not been able to get in touch with the hotel. I am not sure if the number has been changed or if they just don't answer it. Don't make a reservation here if you can help it!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Parkway H, General Manager at Red Carpet Inn - Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment wit us . We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience; but a lightning stroke our parking lot and hit our telephone line which led us with out phone for a few days. We try to fix the issue in 24 hours but it was more complicated than we though it was. I'm glad the we fix the issue and we really apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for initially choosing our property.

Sincerely;