1,285 results
All reviews bliss spa washington street hudson river manhattan skyline path train bliss products new york two blocks carlos bakery corner room the empire state building cake pops minute ride into nyc jersey city wow suite concierge
Reviewed 23 September 2010

W Hoboken in Hoboken, New Jersey, is the best of New York City without the “madding crowd” we Southerners dislike about the big city! The room itself and the staff were wonderful; the food at Zylo could not have been any better; the second floor bar was a perfect spot for relaxing and conversation—not so noisy that one could not carry on a conversation as in bars in NYC.

And the access to NYC was fantastic! I took the PATH to see a Broadway show; it was my first time to navigate the subway system alone. It was a piece of cake!

I will stay at W Hoboken on all my trips to NYC!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We’re thrilled you enjoyed your W Hoboken experience and were able to check out our restaurant, Zylo as well as our Chandelier Room bar. We’re happy to be the perfect location for you to easily get into (and out of) the city! –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2010

The hotel ist really beautiful. We had a room with an amazing view of the skyline of NYC. The restaurant and bar scene of hoboken is one of the best I have ever visited. Go and try Cucharamama!
In the hotel you are close to the city but not inside...for us this was a real advantage as it was very quiet, reasonably priced and providing all the comfort you camn think of ... and every morning and evening we could enjoy the beautiful skyline of NYC!!! The Path Train runs to Penn Station or Ground Zero and takes about 20 Minutes one way.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

We’re so glad to hear you loved our hotel! I’m happy to hear you got to see all that Hoboken has to offer. We can’t wait to welcome you back to enjoy our views some more. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2010

First, cleaning guidelines needs re-haul and service/hospitality needs a major review.

Room. When we first arrived there was a dirty old tee shirt in the closet along with old plastic wrapper tossed all over. The tee shirt was still there when we checked out. There was also an old sales tag tossed behind the chair. In addition, there was a big old greasy mark like a face pressed against the mirror. Gross. While waiting for the elevator, I noticed that there was old food or "something else" lodged on the elevator button that was still there the day we checked out.

Restaurant. Needs help. When I arrived the napkin was dirty and so were some of the utensils. The upholistery on the chair had a big sneaker print on it. Like someone stepped on it. Gross. However, the staff at Breakfast were really nice and friendly. But, my experience with dinner was horrendous. First, the waiter was really unattentive and RUDE. He never asked how dinner was or if we needed anything. At one point, he just dropped the dessert menus in front of us and walked away. Ok fine. Then we paid in cash and asked for change for an extra $20. He brought us the change for the $20 but never brought back the change for the dinner. Either he decided to take his own tip or just forgot. Either way I was so irritated we left a few extra dollars and left.

Front desk staff. I really hope management is reading this. Staff really needs help on their professionalism. I found them to be rather aloof and unfriendly. I got this vibe that they rather be anywhere else but there. When I went to look for the concierge she was busy giggling with another staff member and seem rather "preoccupied." I gave up and asked the valet for help. His reaction seemed to suggest that I wasn't the first guest to ask for his help. I was speaking to a few other guests and they all shared the sentiment (ie all fake smiles and no help). Overall, at this price point ($400+) in Hoboken?? I would expect superior service and superior guest service.

Other minor issues. No extra expected toiletries (ie toothbrush etc). So, if you forgot something you have to run to the local drugstore and pick it up. Tsk tsk. However, the Bliss products were great. But, that's all you get.

Positives. The views are spectacular.

If you are looking for professional service look elsewhere. It seems like a bunch of recent college grads working a frat party work here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take all of our guest comments seriously and I have addressed the issues you raised. Our Director of Style has looked into your concerns and I assure you, this is not the norm at W Hoboken, but the exception. In the future if you forgot some of your toiletries, please feel free to call down to our Whatever/Whenever department and we can certainly provide you with items like toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc. We do hope we’ll have a chance to welcome you back to W Hoboken to show you a more perfect hotel experience. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Lovely hotel with great service. Very convenient to travel into Manhattan by ferry or drive the Holland Tunnel and prices are much cheaper than staying in Manhattan directly. Drove to Liberty State Park (about 15-20 minutes without much traffic) and then took the ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. Very Easy. Concierge was great with directions and recommendations for dinner. Hoboken is full of great little restaurants. Hotel room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. Views of the Manhattan skyline were stunning. Staff very accommodating with any request. Only ate one meal there - Sunday brunch - it was superb.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to try some of the restaurants in town as well as brunch in Zylo! We hope to welcome you back soon. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stumbled upon the W in Hoboken by accident and rest assured we will be back. Fantastic staff, rooms, services..AND WHAT A VIEW OF NEW YORK CITY...WOW!!!
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life and this ranks among the VERY VERY BEST...do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear about this happy accident! We’re proud to be your new favorite hotel, thank you for spreading the word. –Anna M., General Manager