US$226
US$191
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

The Holland Hotel(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$158
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$241
Westin.com
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$156
  • Room Service
The Jane(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$151
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Candlewood Suites Jersey City(Jersey City)(Great Value!)
US$202
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness centre
Hotels.com
1,259 results
All reviewsbliss spawashington streethudson rivermanhattan skylinepath trainbliss productsspectacular roomliving roomnew yorktwo blockscarlo's bakerycorner roomlobby barthe empire state buildingcake popsgreat view of nychigher floor
Reviewed 19 September 2010

First, cleaning guidelines needs re-haul and service/hospitality needs a major review.

Room. When we first arrived there was a dirty old tee shirt in the closet along with old plastic wrapper tossed all over. The tee shirt was still there when we checked out. There was also an old sales tag tossed behind the chair. In addition, there was a big old greasy mark like a face pressed against the mirror. Gross. While waiting for the elevator, I noticed that there was old food or "something else" lodged on the elevator button that was still there the day we checked out.

Restaurant. Needs help. When I arrived the napkin was dirty and so were some of the utensils. The upholistery on the chair had a big sneaker print on it. Like someone stepped on it. Gross. However, the staff at Breakfast were really nice and friendly. But, my experience with dinner was horrendous. First, the waiter was really unattentive and RUDE. He never asked how dinner was or if we needed anything. At one point, he just dropped the dessert menus in front of us and walked away. Ok fine. Then we paid in cash and asked for change for an extra $20. He brought us the change for the $20 but never brought back the change for the dinner. Either he decided to take his own tip or just forgot. Either way I was so irritated we left a few extra dollars and left.

Front desk staff. I really hope management is reading this. Staff really needs help on their professionalism. I found them to be rather aloof and unfriendly. I got this vibe that they rather be anywhere else but there. When I went to look for the concierge she was busy giggling with another staff member and seem rather "preoccupied." I gave up and asked the valet for help. His reaction seemed to suggest that I wasn't the first guest to ask for his help. I was speaking to a few other guests and they all shared the sentiment (ie all fake smiles and no help). Overall, at this price point ($400+) in Hoboken?? I would expect superior service and superior guest service.

Other minor issues. No extra expected toiletries (ie toothbrush etc). So, if you forgot something you have to run to the local drugstore and pick it up. Tsk tsk. However, the Bliss products were great. But, that's all you get.

Positives. The views are spectacular.

If you are looking for professional service look elsewhere. It seems like a bunch of recent college grads working a frat party work here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take all of our guest comments seriously and I have addressed the issues you raised. Our Director of Style has looked into your concerns and I assure you, this is not the norm at W Hoboken, but the exception. In the future if you forgot some of your toiletries, please feel free to call down to our Whatever/Whenever department and we can certainly provide you with items like toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc. We do hope we’ll have a chance to welcome you back to W Hoboken to show you a more perfect hotel experience. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Lovely hotel with great service. Very convenient to travel into Manhattan by ferry or drive the Holland Tunnel and prices are much cheaper than staying in Manhattan directly. Drove to Liberty State Park (about 15-20 minutes without much traffic) and then took the ferry to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. Very Easy. Concierge was great with directions and recommendations for dinner. Hoboken is full of great little restaurants. Hotel room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. Views of the Manhattan skyline were stunning. Staff very accommodating with any request. Only ate one meal there - Sunday brunch - it was superb.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to try some of the restaurants in town as well as brunch in Zylo! We hope to welcome you back soon. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stumbled upon the W in Hoboken by accident and rest assured we will be back. Fantastic staff, rooms, services..AND WHAT A VIEW OF NEW YORK CITY...WOW!!!
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life and this ranks among the VERY VERY BEST...do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear about this happy accident! We’re proud to be your new favorite hotel, thank you for spreading the word. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2010

This hotel is fabulous. As soon as you walk in the attention to detail and just overall luxury and friendliness is just amazing.
We had a twin room as my friend and I were on a hen break - the beds were amazingly comfortable and the whole hotel just has a very hip but welcoming vibe to it. We had NY skyline views which you could watch for hours,

Room was very well equipped - lovely bliss toiletries in plentiful supply. Water and extras were on pricey side but you dont have to have them ! We did not have a coffee maker as standard in the room which is unusual for States but a call to reception and one was brought up, Free coffee is served in the lobby from 6-10am daily but I am a coffee addict!

The attention to detail and luxurious touches really made this an amazing stay,

I used the gym a couple of times during the stay and that was very well equipped with also stunning city skyline views,

Hoboken itself I would say is an up and coming location (in my humble opinion). The location is a block away from the pathway which takes you straight into NY in less than 20 mins or there is a ferry as well you could take, You are based in NJ not NY but to me it made no difference and really worth considering for a much nicer hotel than the money would get you in NY. Previous stays in NY have taken just as long ie 20 mins to get to your locations for day so no disadvantage,

Just go its an amazing experience

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cornishgirl111

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your “hen break”. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our view. As a W brand standard we do not provide coffee makers in our guest rooms, however, as you mentioned, we can certainly provide them if requested as well as our complimentary morning coffee served at the Welcome Desk. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2010

First, I apologize for the lengthy review but I have SO much to share!

My husband and I were celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and I decided to start a new tradition of taking turns surprising each other with a romantic getaway. Since I am 5 months pregnant, flying or taking a long road trip anywhere wasn't really an option for me. My husband and I are from the North Jersey area and we actually met in Hoboken so I thought it would be a perfect setting for our getaway.

While researching the hotel I found the Rock Star Getaway Package on their website! This is everything that came with the package:

Get away with W Hoboken and find your inner Rock Star! In partnership with VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a percentage of the room proceeds will be donated to support the Foundation’s work to restore instrumental music education programs. Your rockin’ experience will include:

* Fantastic Suite Non-smoking, W Signature Bed, Balcony W/ Nyc Skyline View, 1 1/2 Bath, 42 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv (Upon arriving, the front desk staff informed us we were upgraded to the WOW suite and wished us a happy anniversary...very sweet!)

* Limited edition memorabilia and décor, on loan from VH1 Music & Talent Executives, from today’s hottest artists including Gold and Platinum records from Beyonce, The Fray and Jon Bon Jovi (Very cool to see in the room)

* Ready-to-play custom Epiphone Guitar and Rock Band 2 (Did not know how to play either of these! LOL)

* A signed copy of Colbie Caillat’s latest CD, Breakthrough (Had to ask for this but got it delivered to our room)

* 2 tickets to see the Broadway hit, Rock of Ages* (I think you can only go to matinees but that worked for us. Also, make sure you find out if they can get you good orchestra seats. Email a concierge...extremely helpful in getting us AWESOME seats! VIP Orchestra seats, Row B smack in the center! The performers were sweating on us!! My husband said it was better than any concert or musical he had ever been to!)

* Rock of Ages signed memorabilia and CD's (Got a t-shirt and CD...not signed though. We priced this at the show. Together it would have been $50!)

* W Hotels newest CD, SYMMETRY (Got this)

* Celebrity Welcome Call from VH1 Save The Music Foundation Ambassador and Grammy-Award winner Chrisette Michele as well as a message from Jim Shearer, host of VH1 Top 20 Video Countdown (Didn't get this but that's OK...not something I was looking forward to!)

* 2 cool cocktails (Obviously I didn't get to take advantage but my husband got his fill of drinks at the lounge bar!!)

I paid a little over $500 for the entire package but I think we definitely got our money worth! If you were to just book a Fantastic Suite for 1 night it would run you the same amount! We also spent some time in the Chandelier Room which is located above the restaurant. Beautiful views of the city and just perfect for a fun night out! It had a very loungy feel and you did not feel like you were in NJ anymore!

The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to Washington Street, which is the main street of town. And only a couple of walking blocks to the PATH which is how you would get to the city. We walked around Hoboken when we first checked in...that line for Carlo's Bakery is ridiculous. At first I thought people were lining up for CVS but then realized that the line was over a block long!! What in the world?? I used to walk past that bakery all the time when I lived in Hoboken and it was always empty! Reality TV has really made that bakery famous! Good for the owners...not so good for the residents in town.

The suite was beautiful and our balcony with the amazing city view was delightful. The bed was a dream and we definitely enjoyed the Bliss products in our bathrooms. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

We were glad to have you as a Rock Star for your anniversary Staycation! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed the package and are glad you also had time to enjoy our Chandelier Room bar. We hope to Welcome you back soon! – Anna M., General Manager