“Just passing through ”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your time if you're looking for good food. Burger ok. Flatbread was frozen food. Tastes like the 99 cent pizzas in the frozen food aisle. Salad ingredients not fresh. Very friendly waiter. This place is truly a bar and probably a good place to watch a game with friends.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place has ok food and a good beer selection. Is large and wide open and the bar area has some good atmosphere and is good for watching games. I would not really choose this place for dinner.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Good burger, service was fine. The staff was a bit subdued for a sports bar, but not a real big problem

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I live nearby and have never been disappointed here. The burgers are huge and fantastic, and they often have great things on tap like cherry wheat ale. They make homemade potato chips and sour cream dip...if they don't put it on your table, ask for some! The hot crab dip appetizer was bubbling and fresh. I haven't sat at the bar so I can't speak about the crowd/booze, but the dining room is nice and well decorated...very comfortable. This is a great alternative to Applebees next door.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've tried Joey Gs multiple times. Having lived in Hillsborough for so long, I was very excited for a sports bar to open. But Joey Gs is far from a grade A sports bar. The first night I went on a date, we ordered 2 burgers and a sampler. Everything in the sampler was greasy and tasted precooked and microwaved. The burgers both had a cheeze-wize type topping which made both of us sick.

The second time I went at night for drinks. My boyfriend was knocked into and spilled his drink all over the napkins, and the bartender told him to "watch himself" instead of saying "don't worry, i have it."

After that, I went there two more times (only because out-of-town-friends dragged me out, who soon realized how crappy the place was). BOTH times, we all hated it. None of the bartenders were trained, or listened too are orders. We got things we didn't ask for, we were talked rudely to if we had a question, or were ignored when looking for another drink (sometimes for over 15 minutes).

This place is seriously terrible and any time a friend wants to go there, i recommend Applebee's (which is next door and SO much better!!)