“Bad service & boring”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I've tried Joey Gs multiple times. Having lived in Hillsborough for so long, I was very excited for a sports bar to open. But Joey Gs is far from a grade A sports bar. The first night I went on a date, we ordered 2 burgers and a sampler. Everything in the sampler was greasy and tasted precooked and microwaved. The burgers both had a cheeze-wize type topping which made both of us sick.

The second time I went at night for drinks. My boyfriend was knocked into and spilled his drink all over the napkins, and the bartender told him to "watch himself" instead of saying "don't worry, i have it."

After that, I went there two more times (only because out-of-town-friends dragged me out, who soon realized how crappy the place was). BOTH times, we all hated it. None of the bartenders were trained, or listened too are orders. We got things we didn't ask for, we were talked rudely to if we had a question, or were ignored when looking for another drink (sometimes for over 15 minutes).

This place is seriously terrible and any time a friend wants to go there, i recommend Applebee's (which is next door and SO much better!!)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Very sad to have a liquor license in New Jersey and not have the basic selection of spirits. Its like the place opened fully stocked and has never been restocked. The menu has gotten smaller but the food remains so so. Frankly, Applebees(next door) of TGIFridays has better food at less cost AND have fully stocked bars. I keep trying it because it is local and it would be my go to. Oh, there is complimentary popcorn but it is never offered.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Nice Sports Bar, it has everything including happy hours, kids eat free days, very light and airy, friendly and attentive service. Our lunch fare consisted of several wraps, I had the Cuban Panini, all freshly made and delicious. Sweet potatoe fries and don't miss the Drinken Clams!! In fact forget lunch, just gorge on the clams. Get extra Texas Toast for dunking: YUM YUM!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have tried giving this place several chances, but the food is always terrible. The only redemption is that the drinks are cheap but on a night or weekend, there tends to be a very young crowd there and it is very loud and obnoxious. I'd much rather drive down the road to Petrocks or Tiger's Tale and actually enjoy the meal I'm paying for.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a glorified pub menu. There are a ton of fried options, burgers, etc. They are also in a strip mall with an Applebee's so the standards aren't very high. The food was ok. It's the kind of place you go when you want to eat out, have a good drink and aren't celebrating anything special. Weir is family friendly too, as we went with our kids. I would go there again only under duress or desperation.