“Very nice meal on New Year's Eve”

The Risotto House Of Hasbrouck Heights
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Step into The Risotto House Of Hasbrouck Heights to experience authentic Italian cuisine. Get in touch with us for catering solutions for your party. Visit our locally-owned Italian restaurant today to taste mouthwatering dishes like bruschetta, calamari fritti, risotto con pollo, ravioli alfredo, and more. We have been in the restaurant business since 2004 and we opened the restaurant in 2012. We are a kid-friendly restaurant serving gluten-free food. We are open 7 days a week and we are available for lunch, dinner, repast, funeral, and parties. You can also carry out your favorite food.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

I was very impressed this evening when I went to the Risotto House for dinner. It was rather last minute for me and I found the restaurant packed at 7:00pm. The food and the service were nicely presented. The staff kept their cool the whole time as the place was packed with people celebrating the New Year.

I had their special rice balls which were perfectly cooked with lots of ground meat and peas inside the rice balls and they gave you two nice size rice balls. I had the veal with white wine and lemon and it was delicious. Three nicely battered pieces lightly coated and sautéed in oil, lemon, butter and white wine and served with mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli, all the vegetables were perfectly cooked and seasoned.

For dessert, I had the Mango Mousse Cake and for not being very Italian, it was light and flavorful. The meal was very impressive for a New Year's Eve night. They handled the whole meal nicely.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The atmosphere is nice, although it was still brought back memories of when it was a Chicken Delight. But that could be because of the time I spent there taking orders over the phone. We've been to the Risotto House twice and had mixed experiences. They don't make penne a la vodka, which was surprising and disappointing. The portions are huge. The food was average overall and there are some great appetizers and specials. It seems to be a popular spot for bridal and baby showers, but I've never been there myself for that.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

had pancetta with tomato, not very good. something sour tasting about it, and very fatty. i know i make this dish at home all of the time. my mother's chicken was ok , at least .wont be going here again. the one in rutherford is supposed to be very good, i'll try that before i come back here again.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I have probably been to this restaurant at least 10 times. Another small local BYOB. They have many varieties of the best creamiest risotto and other Italian specialities. Every meal I have had at Risotto House has been very good. The reason for the 4 stars is that the service is sometimes real slow.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I don't get most of the 5 star reviews, but it's your average and standard Italian food in a predominantly Italian neighborhood of Hasbrouck Heights.

Calamari was just okay and not too oily for less than $12 for a good portion. Risottos were descent, but not spectacular that everyone seems to raves about.

Nice friendly service and people. That's about it so it's nothing special. It's a neighborhood joint at best patronized by the locals who only eat Italian food.