“The Italian experience”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The Maplewood has been around for a long time and has always been a consistent favorite.
If you had a weekend at the Jersey Shore it the ideal way to end your vacation as you head back to Philly.
It’s old world Italian cuisine. Red gravy, home made pasta.
Newly renovated, looks great - bright, clean, modern with that HGTV look.
Plenty of parking.
Full newly expanded bar.
Great comfortable service
Very nice yet some how has that neighborhood touch
Casual.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I ordered the homemade pasta with lump crabmeat. We'll be back soon. The service was very good and fast.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I love the homemade pasta. The salad is like no other,and ask for a picture of sangria,it is very refreshing. It's a great place to meet friends or just the two of us.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

I choose this restaurant because of the “great” TripAdvisor reviews; come on, reviewers, there’s NO WAY this place can rank that high of all the restaurants in Hammonton!!!

I ordered eggplant Parmesan, but was served veal Parmesan. When asked if I wanted to return it, I declined because I didn’t want the veal to go to waste – I should have. The veal was like cardboard coated with bread crumbs with a piece of mozzarella and a spoonful of marinara on top… terrible presentation and taste! My sides were broccoli and cauliflower – both overcooked and mushy… disappointing!

Our other entrée was pasta with broccoli with a lemon-garlic sauce. The pasta was not fully drained, so when the sauce was poured over the pasta, the result tasted like a hot water sauce and the broccoli was overcooked… terrible!

We will not be back… ever!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Have been going here for years and it's always great! My favorites are the Shrimp Scampi, Chicken Parmigiana, homemade spaghetti & meatballs, and the Clams Casino! The wait staff are all so friendly and professional! PS - the salad is so good also!