“Creative, and Fun Ice Cream Flavors!”

Royale Crown Homemade Ice Cream and Grille
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Hammonton
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Since 1953, Royale Crown serves the best Homemade Ice Cream, Food, Fresh Ice Cream Cakes, Custard, Yogurt, Thick Shakes and many other Yummy Sundaes and ICE CREAM TREATS.Royale Crown was established in 1953 by the Graziano Family and still remains today a premier homemade gourmet ice cream and award winning food eatery. The never ending list of ice cream flavors, italian ice, yogurt and sugar free products are just the beginning of our vast selection that includes fresh ice cream cakes, ice cream cupcakes, novelties and specialty dessert items. Royale Crown serves high quality custard, old fashioned milkshakes, fresh fruit sundaes, root beer floats, banana boats and many other fudge and caramel topped treats. If a delicious fresh cut cheesesteak, Italian sub or a mouth watering fresh burger are what you desire, then Royale Crown is your destination for these and many other freshly prepared food items for lunch and dinner!Royale Crown offers a beautiful private sun room, the Palace Room, for any occasion up to 60 people. The catering menu consists of all homemade Italian specialties and is perfect for children's birthday parties, showers, graduations or any other type of family gathering. Stop in and see for yourself why Royale Crown is known as "HAMMONTON'S BEST KEPT SECRET!"
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We discovered Royal Crown Ice Cream, sometime last year, after diving home from Lake Atsion in Basto. Ever Since then, we stop here whenever we pass through Hammonton, and there is never a moment that we decide to pass this place over. This review will be based solely on the Ice Cream, however, they do have an extensive eat in/ take out menu as well, including things like Cheesesteaks, and burgers. Royal Crown Custard has a constant revolving door of ice cream flavors, based on what’s currently in season, and they often sell out of the really great stuff. This particular trip, I was lucky enough to find two ice creams that I absolutely had to try.

The first one being Tastykake Kandy cake, that’s right, they made a vanilla ice cream, that has chunks of peanut butter kandy cakes in the ice cream. The second one was Tastykate Butterscotch Krimpet. Again, they took vanilla icecream, and added chunks of Butterscotch krimpets in the ice cream. If you are a fan of Tasty cake, you will absolutely fall in love with these two flavors. I must point out a small disclaimer, I’ve only seen these flavors this one trip, as I have been back multiple times, and have not seen the flavors mentioned above since this trip. My wife is in love with the Maple walnut Fudge, and usually sticks to ordering that.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The ice cream is OK. White Dot on rout 206...has a hot fudge sundae that was way better. Creamier. Honestly ..Carvel and Dairy Queen are BOTH BETER... But the selection at RC is very good . Cheesesteaks? ...Not worth it at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about. It's just not that fresh or juicy or savory or anything. In fact ... I would compare it to a School cafeteria Sandwich. AND IT TAKES FOR EVER TO GET TO YOU. I think Royal crown is all about the nostalgia and the history. The ice cream is simply OK. I will say... Their Ice cream cake is absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I went here with a group of friends on 5.19.16. The Ice Cream was awesome. I would make 45 minute trip again just for that. I know I will once blueberries are in season!!!!

The Cheesesteak other raved about, well, it was underwhelming at best. Mediocre would be my assessment, it would not make my top 25 list of cheesesteaks in the area. I will say the roll was nice, and the onions had a nice caramelization to them, but the overall sandwich was just average, and took more than 15 minutes to make.

2  Thank Marc H
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have lived near this spot for many years. They make delicious homemade ice cream and utilize local produce including blueberries. They have water ice as well and there is a selection of sandwiches and other fast eats available. Everything is delicious. A word of warning - make sure you have cash! They do not accept cards of any kind. And be prepared to wait. The interior eating space is limited as well as only a few table outside and this place fills up very quickly as soon as they open and stays that way most of the time. This is a seasonal operation.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

We go a few times during the summer to enjoy some good ice cream. We have had to wait 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at peak times. The inside is very small, like 6 small tables. NOTE: They charge a $1.25 for using credit (I know, ridiculous!)