“Fresh seafood and local color”

Shrimp King Restaurant & Seafood Market
Ranked #26 of 115 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 May 2017

This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside, but the fish is very fresh. We were in the area and looking for a lunch more interesting than fast food. The fish and other seafood is in refrigerator cases right in the dining area (so is the kitchen). I had the shrimp with crab meat stuffing, basically four little crab cakes sitting on top of large shrimps. It was very good. I liked the steamed carrots side; the string beans were mediocre. My husband had fried oysters and and french fries, which were both very good. The salad was fresh but not special; the soup is probably better.

The eclectic decor is a bit tired. The owner is a movie fan, many posters decorate the dining area along with the usual collection of seascapes. This give the place a local feeling.

The prices are very good for the generous portions. I would eat here again if I'm in the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We grew up on the East Coast but moved to Phoenix, Arizona. The only fish available in Arizona is frozen like a rock. So on visits to see our family on the East Coast we always make an effort to find fresh fish. The Shrimp King which is a family run restaurant and fish market was 2 minutes from our hotel so we had lunch there. Two people and for under $25 we had chowder, mussels, oysters and a piece of fish! The fish was excellent, portions were large and the service was friendly and excellent!

It was so good that when our family visited us the next day we all (8 people) went for dinner at the Shrimp King! Thumbs up all around! We highly recommend you try the Shrimp King! Plus mamma makes the deserts!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

My family and I love dining at Shrimp King. The food can't get anymore fresh and it is incredibly tasty. Also, everybody there is very friendly.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

The take out fresh seafood is always good. Always fresh. The decor of the restaurant is not great. The seafood is always good. the sides? not great. I would always pick some place else to eat if I had the choice.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

BEING IN BUSINESS IS ONE THING ,TO STAY IN BUSINESS IS ANOTHER
I should know I use to work there when I was 15 years old. If more people were aware of this place it would probably have lines standing out the door. Its hard to find quality places to eat, this one of those places. FOOD IS GREAT thanks for all the years of being in business Arthur Barnes.