“Great Asian food for takeout”

Oriental Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Haddonfield
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We are a big fan of the good here. Never ate inside but seems to be crowded most of the time. In the heart of Haddonfield Try the chicken and broccoli and or the spare ribs Wong ton soap a
Ways a favorite on a chilly day

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Wide variety of Asian entrees, spanning sushi, Thai, Cantonese, etc. When we want Asian, we head here for the General Tso's chicken, which is always well prepared and enough for a take-home lunch the next day. You come for the food, not the atmosphere, which is generic Asian but always clean and welcoming.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This past weekend we had a family reunion at our daughter’s, for our granddaughters 8th birthday.
We planned on having our family party
following her “gymnastic “ b-day for her friends ending at 6PM
Take-out Chinese was the choice.
They always order from “China King” located in the heart of Haddonfield.
It was so incredibly awful, that we could not believe the area did not offer better choices.
Based on reviews posted here, my husband and I had dinner tonight at the
“Oriental Pearl”.
The restaurant itself is warm and lively, booths and tables served by a very helpful and lovely staff.
Food was basic but good, freshly prepared and served perfectly.
It is a happy and delightful place to have the Chinese dishes we all crave.
Assume, that their take-out is as well prepared and enjoyable.
Why anyone would even think of
being a customer of China King is beyond
Good sense!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I was initially very glad I was able to order from here as my son wanted his sushi displayed on a boat for his confirmation party that we were having at home, and this restaurant had a sushi boat available for takeout. We ordered special rolls such as spider roll, super dragon roll, shogun and a couple more. However, we soon were disappointed with the taste of the sushi. Not fresh at all and the eel was fishy and bony. I went back today to return the boat and to be refunded on the $100 deposit. I did not intend to say anything but when the male boss asked, ‘it was good? Everything ok?’, I told him gently that no, the sushi was not fresh and the eel was fishy. I told him I was not going to say anything but since you asked, I thought you should know. To my surprise, he became sarcastic and said, “I’m here 23 years, you’re the 1st one to say that....I know my sushi is fresh.... the eel comes form New York already cooked....All eel like that”. I advised him that we eat sushi a lot, and we are aware of how eel on sushi taste, and named a few establishments that we usually frequent. He started saying, “next time don’t come back to eat sushi”, to which I replied, “I guess I will not be coming back for sure”. He then said, ”you know your sushi. You’re the best. Other people don’t know how to eat sushi. You’re very good. Very good. You’re the best”. I was shocked to say the least at his response. Suffice to say, this was the 1st and will be the last time I frequent this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We’ve been dining at Oriental Pearl for years. It is a fixture in Haddonfield. Sure, the atmosphere isn’t great (and the name “Oriental” is something out of the 1960s) but the service is near perfect and the owners take great pride in their food preparation and variety of offerings. We are always just a bit surprised by the quality of the sushi and sashimi in what appears to be a simple, one trick pony Chinese reastaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018