“Memorial service fizzled”
Review of Stony Hill Inn

Stony Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Stony Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 182 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Was there for a memorial service. Food was very good, acoustics weren't bad but the party next door was intrusive and service was unobtrusive. Then dessert time came. Half the attendees left and the staff made sure everyone got a sweet but not the coffee. It was distracting.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I ate at the Stony Hill Inn yesterday for a banquet and senior program and I swear, nothing changes here. The food has not changed in four years.

The room was clean and the service was very nice. The food was good solid stick your ribs type of cooking. We had pasta with marinara sauce, salad, roast beef with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables with a chocolate mousse for dessert. Very standard cooking for a banquet. The entertainment was excellent and the program was very good.

I still won't come back to this relic for dinner.

1  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Attended an event here this past week and thoroughly enjoyed myself.Every detail was taken care of without any bumps.The buffet style food selection was excellent.The servers were timely and pleasant.I will surely consider again if hosting an event.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Went with a group of people for Sunday Brunch. The food was plentiful, fresh and nicely displayed. There were more than enough choices, even for the fussiest of diners. There was a carving station, made to order eggs, lot of salad and desserts, even soup! Staff was attentive and professional.

1  Thank spoiledrotten1
Reviewed 20 March 2017

My husband and I took my in laws here on a busy Saturday night to celebrate my mother in law's birthday. We made reservations but got there early so we could have a drink at the beautiful and classy bar. The hostess was extremely nice and accommodating. The drinks were great and the atmosphere was enjoyable with the live entertainment. We were seated in the green room of the mansion for dinner and we truly felt like we were in a special place. I have been here a few times before and the food and service has not disappointed. We enjoyed all of our appetizers and entrees and it was an overall great experience for a special occasion.

1  Thank BoyMomDanielle