“Guac is amazing , food is great”

Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - Riverside Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 171 Restaurants in Hackensack
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 4
Transit: Bus 756 Fort Lee (exact fare, $5.55) to Hackensack Ave and Commerce Square, walk to The Shops at Riverside Square straight on Hackensack Ave.
Description: Our first Rosa Mexicano to open in New Jersey is located at The Shops at Riverside in Bergen County. The 160-seat restaurant features a spacious bar and lounge area, as well as outdoor and private dining options. Under the creative direction of architect and designer Timothy Higgins, the decor features vibrant colors such as vivid pink, deep maroon, rich butterscotch and warm yellow. Traditional craftwork and adornments include Oaxacan wood carvings of mythical animals, custom wax-dipped artwork, Mayan Indian textiles, and folk art masks. Tortillas are fresh-made on-site at a station featuring colorful tiles and a hammered copper hood. Through the unique designs and cuisine, all will encounter an authentic Mexican experience at Rosa Mexicano.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We live nearby the mall and like to experiment restaurants there. The first time we saw this restaurant we were interested to see how it tasted. It is a nice place with a good atmosphere. The food is good but the highlight of the night was the guacamole. The come table side and make it fresh in front of you and it is amazing. Overall experience was good and I would come here again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I've tried this location and one in Manhattan, and unfortunately I was way underwhelmed both times. There are very few vegetarian items. There are very few menu items at all that appeal to me. Everything that I have tried has disappointed. I understand they are going for a particular style of mercian cuisine, and perhaps that appeals to some, but nothing here appealed to me (or my wife) in either visit. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We've always know we are getting a quality meal when we eat here. Last night our server, Ivanna, was fantastic. She made great suggestions, was prompt with drink refills and answered all of our questions thoroughly. The food was fast and delicious.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for brunch with my family last week . The guacamole was delicious and the meal started off great and got progressively worse. The server never came back to the table the entire meal . We wanted drink refills but that wasn't possible . Lunch came and it was just mediocre . My father got a brunch crab cake eggs Benedict and the eggs were so over cooked it was disgusting - couldn't complain because the server was gone so just ate what we could of it . I got the shrimp Tacos which were also way over fried and dry as hell . Don't know where the server was because the place wasnt busy at all and I can see why . Don't think we will be back here again . Manager was running around but seemed not to be doing anything - he certainly Didn't improve our experience .

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Food is average but prices are not. Great guacamole but the price is not. Seriously, how do you get off charging the price you do for the portion size. Bring a flashlight to read the menu. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Pattycakes15