“Real Italian”

Barcelona's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Garfield
Cuisines: American, Italian
Description: Barcelona's has been serving generations since 1933 and are well known for their pizza and other Italian dishes.
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This has been a fixture in Garfield for a few generations. Truly family, excellent food, fantastic pizza, always service with a smile. Excellent for lunch, dinner and parties. Portions are large, well seasoned always served hot since they are made to order. Great value, prices are kept low since only cash is accepted but the quality and freshness is not compromised. Usually order a pizza as appetizer, have never been disappointed with chicken, veal, pasta, meatball or sausage entrees. Restaurant is clean, seating is comfortable. Certainly recommend when in the area.

Trish L, Owner at Barcelona's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for the kind words! My great grandfather opened the restaurant in 1933. On some days there may be 3 generations working at the restaurant. Look forward to your next return visit.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

You won't be sorry or walk away hungry. The food is great and the people are the best part about the restaurant.

1  Thank pdrenter
Trish L, Owner at Barcelona's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We are the 3rd generation owning the restaurant and have 2 generatiosn of our family still working full time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I love Italian food and have had wonderful pizza, pasta, and subs throughout the mid-Atlantic area for decades, and I've had some amazing dishes, but this place is absolutely delightful. It's a very old school establishment that serves up authentic dishes, and it definitely looks its age of 80 years, but don't let the looks deceive you. The garlic bread was beyond awesome, with more garlic than I've ever seen. The Italian cold cut was unbelievable with soft, fresh Italian bread with a crunch on the outside and meats, cheeses, pepper, and spices that delight the palette. The spaghetti with meat sauce and meatball was absolutely divine. The solitary meatball was huge and was one of best I have ever had.

The food, service, and prices were great at this place. What a gem of a find in a building that doesn't look as good as the wonderful food served inside. I have family in the area and live two hours away, but plan to come back anytime I'm in the area.

Trish L, manager at Barcelona's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review. We do still have 3rd, 4th and 5th generations working at the restaurant after 80 years. Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Our party of four each tried a different dish. Some of the combo dishes were quite unusual... like my meat ravioli with veal parm. It was like getting 2 meals in one. Good size portions (not oversized or undersized), very tasty. Everyone enjoyed their meal. I really liked the 'red' sauce they make. Desserts were very tasty; I had the tiramisu, & 1 friend had the chocolate layer cake. Service was very warm & casual. it was our first time here, but we felt like we were being treated like old friends. We will return... want to try the pizza & other dishes. Oh and the prices? They are like from the 1970's --- ULTRA reasonable. Amazing in fact. So go, enjoy!

1  Thank Bruce K
Trish L, Owner at Barcelona's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you Bruce for the great review! We have been operating for over 80 years and it is still family run. Most days, we have 2 generations working but there are some days where may have 3 generations! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Been comin since I was born. Along with the rest of my family..always a good time. Must try the pizza!

1  Thank Michael F