“Disappointed”
Review of Zoila's Kitchen

Zoila's Kitchen
Ranked #36 of 69 Restaurants in Garfield
Reviewed 31 August 2017

After reading good reviews, my sister and I went to Zoila's for lunch. I ordered the half rack of spare ribs. My sister had the broiled salmon. The rib dish was a large portion. I tried cutting off one rib using a sharp steak knife and had a difficult time. The barbecue sauce was tangy and tasty but the rib was tough, almost uncooked. It was very fatty too. The fat wasn't trimmed off. The meat by the bone was red and raw. I tried eating a second rib and took the rest home. My wife sampled them for dinner. She was unable slice off one rib. She decided to cook the ribs in a frying pan. After 20 minutes she took them out, but they were still inedible. My sister said that her salmon wasn't fresh. I tried it. It was very fishy.
I wanted to like this place. The owner was nice and came to the table after the meal; but the spare ribs were the worst I ever had and my sister couldn't finish her small salmon fillet.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

What more do you need? I went there to celebrate my mother's birthday and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the staff is and how delicious the food was. The menu is extensive, will surely please any craving. I ordered the skirt steak which was cooked to perfection and so flavorful! We all loved what we ordered and had plenty to take home. Will definitely go back. This is a BYOB. Special early bird is from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. everyday, so that explains why the restaurant is not crowded after six. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I went with my Mom because I had a Groupon. Let me say first that they were VERY nice. But I should have been suspicious when a restaurant is empty at 6:00 on a Saturday night, especially one a half a block away from a church where mass had just let out.
Our waitress was new. So new that she didn't know what unsweetened iced tea was. My Mom ordered linguini with clams. The clams were so tough she couldn't eat them. My rigatoni was OK, but a little undercooked as opposed to al Dente. They profusely apologized that she didn't like her meal and brought us out a nice piece of cheesecake but didn't take her meal off the bill.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Tried Zoila's for my birthday with my family. I never usually go online to write reviews but I felt I would be doing this restaurant a disservice if I didn't express how amazing the experience was. All the food was absolutely amazing. for appetizers the fried calamari was perfect and plentiful, fresh mozzarella and tomato w/ prosciutto was excellent and fresh and the stuffed clams were the best around. For dinner I had the stuffed pork chops. I got 2 big pork chops stuffed to perfection and it was the most tender pork I have ever had in my life. My wife got the shrimp and scallops risotto which was also one of the best risottos I have ever tasted. My father got the rib eye and he said it was one of the best steaks he has ever had. We didn't even have to order anything for my 2 1/2 year old son since there was plenty of everything for us to share with him. For dessert we sampled the Tartufo, cheesecake and bread pudding. All were top notch. Overall I would give Zoila's 6 stars if I could because I was that impressed. Service was excellent and to top it off it was a bring your own. You definitely get what you pay for here and then some.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

The food was AMAZING here! From the bread, to the appetizer, to the main course and the desserts.... you will not be disappointed.
Even my 2 year old loved the calamari and believe me, if it was chewy, he would have spit it out, but he gobbled it up! The restaurant is very clean. The staff was super nice. Plan on bringing family and friends back again soon.