“Overall tasty”

Szechuan Star Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 184 Restaurants in Freehold
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I ordered a lot of food for take out...
Wonton soup made with a darker broth that was excellent. I just wish there was maybe 3 more wonton in the soup.

The egg rolls were crispy, thick with a good crispness inside.

Chicken with broccoli n chicken with Chinese veggies. Both were very similar really couldn't tell the difference between the 2. White meat chicken was tender n juicy. The veggies were crispy. Overall very good.

The pork lo mein was average. I would probably not order again.

We had beef with garlic n beef szechuan. One was spicier than the other but again very similar in presentation and flavor. Both were good.

I say this is definitely a place I would order from again.

The inside restaurant is large number clean. No alcohol.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant, and has been for decades. The bowl of crisp fried noodles are wide and delicious for dunking in duck sauce and/or mustard sauce. I usually get shrimp lo mein when dining in. Free hot tea. When I order take out I get quart of mixed won ton and egg drop coup and a large pork fried rice for less than $10.00 for my spouse and me to share for dinner. Yum!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

The food is very good and so is the service. They are willing to modify a dish to you're specific needs. You never need a reservation because the place is large.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I have eaten the lunch special at Szechuan Star. I have eaten there numerous times and had a variety of the menu items. The service is quick and the noodles are the big crispy type not the thin dry type. I liked the hot and sour soup and the chicken and broccoli dish...I also liked the spicy eggplant.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Came here for dinner the service was great the food was ok. I got the spicy trio dish with shrimp, scallops, and beef filet. The filet meat tasted like it was expired unfortunately but the shrimp and scallops were good as well as the sauce. Fried rice was ok. There are chips sitting on every table, (who knows how long)they were stale. The shrimp toast was probably the best part of the entire meal. All in all nothing to write home about and I didn't leave feeling excited to go back. This could be because my boyfriend raves about the Chinese restaurants he goes to and I felt this wasn't worth the hype.