“Big in Japan!”
Review of Hiura Restaurant

Hiura Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 162 Restaurants in Fort Lee
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Authentic Japanese restaurant. The owner is the sushi chef offering "omakase" chef's special of top of the line sushi and sashimi combinations. This is the best Japanese Restaurant in northern NJ. Please list them.
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Found a new traditional Japanese restaurant that we like hooray! It's in Fort Lee, so perfect to stop in and dine on the way to wherever passed George Washington Bridge. It's a small place, just like being in Japan. I haven't been to Japan, only stopped at the airport. However, my other half, the Hubby visited Japan so many times in the past. We talk about visiting Japan in few years so that I could eat all the sashimi! We ordered from the lunch special. Hubby got salmon and I had mackerel. Usually mackerel fish has a distinctive smell but this one didn't. So cool! The cut wasn't but perfect for me. We also ordered a nice sushi deluxe. That was outstanding! This place is really small but enough to get people going again and again. Parking could be a problem but we went there during lunch hour, didn't take long to find one. A sushi bar could accommodate about 4-5 people. Overall experience is excellent!

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Above Avg sushi. BYOB. Their sushi size is too tiny. Can't believe it's getting even smaller. Fresh but not my style. Older Chef is not friendly. Their food quality is inconsistent. Udon is avg. just okay. I say this place is my 2nd choice in Fort Lee area. I would rather go to Yamagata, Fort Lee.

1  Thank Ji J
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed
It's not the best sushi ... We've ordered sushi sashimi combination , but we didn't like them . I'm not sure they were very fresh , and not the best selection .
Udon was ok ...
I'll never come back .

Reviewed 27 June 2016

One of the best sushi restaurants in the NYC area happens to be in Fort Lee, NJ. Hiura is reasonably priced (unlike the the other side of the Hudson) and very high quality without all the pretentiousness.

More than half the clientele are Japanese, the other half mainly Korean. Among Asians (and others) in the know, this is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

First of all, BYOB.
Second of all, this is place is small. So if your party is four or more, it is best advised to make a reservation.
Third of all, there is valet parking available... So don't worry too much.

Now...
My wife loves Nabeyaki udon. We have gone to quite a few Japanese restaurants in NYC and Jersey. After years of going to different places, she can confidently say that this place has one of the best Nabeyaki udon around NY metro area. The soup is rich and flavorful. And we will be going back sometime very, very soon. Haha

And I got the Hirua special and was very satisfied with the sushi and sashimi. They were fresh and delicious!

This got to be at least on top 10 Japanese restaurant list in Bergen, if there is such.