“"Just as described"”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

As an Anthony Bourdain fan, I too love to explore different places to eat and experience the atmosphere. Although my exploration was not in some unknown far away spot in the world, I figured I'd make my explorations more reasonable for everyone to be able to try. I read about this place (Japanese/Korean) which was described as a "loungey bar with a zen-like decor", and knew I had to try it. My boyfriend and I ordered the Spider Maki (sushi), Shrimp & vegetable tempura (with a smokey soy sauce), Gyoza (pork dumpling), Edamame, Kimchi and Dassai sake. Everything was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! We also had the miso soup with Tofu which hit the spot on that cold night ❄️. Our waitress, Hee, was sooooooooooo nice and helpful with suggestions and with information about items on the menu. The decor was on spot and just as described (zen-like), and the music was contemporary, soulful, and unique to the place. However, it's not about the decor but about the food and this place has GREAT food ✅. A definite re-visit in the future for me, and a must visit for you. By the way, Trip Advisor has name reversed, it's actually called "Raku Izakaya" for when you Google it .

1  Thank Sonia R

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I passed by Fort Lee on the way back to NY from out of town. At the time the traffic near GWB was heavy so we decided to stop for some soup. We came to this restaurant on a cold Sunday night. It was quiet this night. It looks like it could accommodate a lot of people. We ordered Shoyu soup, grilled squid, shumai and chicken on sticks. Those were appetizer size except for the soup that we shared. We really didn't eat a lot so the order was perfect. The squid was amazing. Get this one if you like squid. True soup was very good. Shumai was good too. I liked the white meat chicken but didn't care much for the dark meat (both on skewers). The restaurant has a beautiful interior decoration. There's a small dining section at the back that could accommodate a small party and the front dining area is pretty big, could accommodate a big celebration. It's a high ceiling restaurant, glass windows very spacious. We were served by James and found out after speaking with him that he owns the restaurant. Cool! A good role model. His staff work as hard as he is. This restaurant opens for dinner thru 3 AM, not for lunch. It's good to know they open late just in case anyone stuck in traffic, just swing by.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Come here all the time and the food is always amazing. Favorites are the kim chi fried rice (delicious! !!!) And warm sake. Great happy hour from 5 -7, wings and fries. 2$ coors light $5 warm sake(normally $10). Such a great deal. The service is consistently great, the food is always delicious. Favorites are the kim chi fried rice, cucumber avocado roll, miso soup and skirt steak skewer. Always fast and reliable.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Great bar, warm ambiance, friendly servers. You will find something for everyone. Excellent appetizers, full bar.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Opens late for food, young and pretty Asian crowd and a really diverse menu to satisfy all tastes. Enjoyed it especially with James the owner. Food is above average and prices are reasonable for the atmosphere.