“Many cuisines, all recommended.”

Nikko Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Forked River
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We have been to Nikko a multitude of times, and always have an experience that we would rate as very good, at a minimum. The sushi offerings are fresh and unique, and we'll usually have at least one szechuan style dinner while we're there. The meals are substantive, flavors are good, and the service is generally pretty good, as well. A solid option for Japanese/Chinese fare.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Of course, I was hesitant. I remember this restaurant when it was a miniature golf course. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Inside is spotlessly clean and still new.

My sister and I went for lunch and ordered off the "all you can eat" menu. Everything was prepared fresh and was made to order. We had the Spicy Kani salad, avocado salad, edamame and shumai to start with. Then we went overboard and ordered a ton of rolls that were all really good.

My two cents; if you spruce up the front of the restaurant and the entrance way you will give the restaurant some curb appeal you may get more visitors to dine in. Looks like they do a good take-out business.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Recently chose Nikko Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar, which is located on Route 9 in Forked River and is a BYOB establishment. My GF and I decided to try Nikko as we were planning on having Sushi. As we entered the restaurant at about 6:30 p.m. on a recent Saturday night, the first thing that we noticed is that Nikko is understaffed as we waited as the hostess station for several minutes before seeing any employee. Eventually a waitress appeared and shortly thereafter, we were seated. The service the rest of the night was average at best. We ordered a bowl of edamame to start, which was fine. For our main courses, we ordered three different choices of Sushi. All three were average as none tasted particularly fresh nor delicious. We also ordered a dish of Mai Fun, which was nicely spicy and good. Not sure I'll go back, but may order take out. If you are looking for a new place to have a nice dinner and enjoy excellent Sushi, I suggest that you may wish to look elsewhere.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

My wife and I frequent many food establishments in the area. As she wanted to try Nikko's for some time, I was a little skeptical. I pass by many nights and notice a lack of cars out front. Usually a sure way to judge a place of interest. I broke down and we went to try it out. I am a quantity guy rather than quality. I as many men am a meat and potato guy and skip the frills, fill me up for a fair price! I was more than pleasantly surprised. Excellent food, excellent service and yes more than fair prices for the large portion given from a fantastic menu! My advice to those who like me who are easily swayed by what the cover looks like, go in, read the menu and I can honestly say you will leave with a full belly. As important to those nay sayers. you will have enjoyed the wonderful flavors and will not have bled your wallet dry! Bring a nice bottle of wine and enjoy! Thanks Nikko's, Great job! Mark and Kathy

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Thought from reading reviews that perhaps this place would be ok. But guess outside apearence should have been a clue. Hint it's a dump.
First of all they have specials advertised that wait staff simply said "oh no more"
And no kids meals. Guess kids need too eat 9$ chickeen
Plus we were one of 2 groups here and took like 20 minutes to be waited on
Food too over 30 minutes for sush that was actually warm and terrible. Hope we don't get sick.
spent less at better places.
Really surprised this place has lasted as long as it has.