“Daughter wanted Hibachi thanks to the Movies!”

Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Forked River
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This weekend my wife and I wanted Asian food, and my 7 year old daughter chimed in that she wanted to go for Hibachi...perplexed my wife and I looked at each other and my daughter said, she wanted Hibachi like in Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It was so cute my wife and I had to go- after looking at several Ocean County options we decided on Fuji who seemed to have average prices and play to great reviews.

I must admit we were glad we went, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the chef was a good time- he had my daughter's rapt attention through the entire meal and there was plenty of food. Its a BYO, but for the three of us to eat it was about $65 plus tip- anytime dinner is less than $80 out I feel its a victory.

We will definitely be back...the only thing I found odd was their bathrooms were illuminated entirely in blacklight...that was just weird.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We are very fortunate to have the Fuji Japanese Steakhouse walking distance from home. Quality food wonderfully presented. Typically we chose to eat at a table vs the Hibachi but you can order those items at a standard table if you wish.
If you like Hibachi and sushi I recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I love Fuji! I've come here a number of times for the Hibachi. The food is delicious, I enjoy the entertainment, and it's great when you are going with a large group for a special occasion. Going at lunchtime can also cut down on the price quite a bit, and the portions are just as large. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We come here almost every 2 months or so. Never had bad sushi here. We think hibachi is tacky so I won't comment on that. Staff is super friendly and if you can get in the little recessed booths, go for it, it's fun. Sushi is always fresh and tasty, price is fair. If it's a special occasion, get the sushi boat for two!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

If your looking for good hibachi food, this is a good choice. We have never had a bad meal here. We usually get the Shrimp and Scallop combo and we always go home with leftovers. The tempura appetizer is also very good. Great place to take a larger party for a birthday celebratio