“Nice Evening”

Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Forked River
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Inn Is a restaurant that serves a variety of meals for lunch and dinner while overlooking the Forked River. We have a full size bar with live entertainment on the weekends. We have multiple rooms for special occasions such as weddings, sweet 16's, bridal showers, etc. We also do catering events and private parties as well.The Captain's Inn also has an outside Tiki Bar. It has a full size bar with two decks for dining overlooking the water. It is open seven days a week and we provide entertainment all seven days as well. You can dock your boat and join us for lunch or dinner. Our menu includes an array of sandwhiches, bugers, panini's and so much more.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were here for an event and the evening went well. The servers were very friendly. I had the chicken parm and the flavor was very good. However, the temperature of the dinner should have been much hotter. I was thinking maybe because it was a big group, they could have used more help. It was very busy in the main dining room for a week night. I would give it another try.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

On our usual visit on Thursdays to different locations for lunch for our Senior Residents from Toms River. I've never been to this restaurant, but I found it very cozy and very appetizing. Each and almost everyone (12 of us) had a different item on the menu and I must say, NO ONE was disappointed. I found the prices of the entries were averagely priced and the service by Peter was exceptional. He personally saw that your every need was taken care of. I must say that I think the prices for the desserts were a little pricey, but you should see the dessert menu! Cream Bulle, carrot cake, NY cheese cake, etc. I will come back again with friends and family. I really liked this place.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I recently had the lobster special Crab stuffed lobster tail WOW I usually have whole lobsters every where But this stuffed tail was excellent The stuffing was like eating a crab cake and lobster tail I was also told by a neighboring table is great too Never disappointing meal at The Inn

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We attended K of C Christmas dinner in Jan. this year. Everything was superb ! The food was perfect and staff was cordial and great! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Liked our dinner at the Captains Inn. Service was excellent and friendly. Although it was crowded on a Saturday we got our table in 5 minutes. Nice pour on the drinks and was able to get a nice bottle of chard for $20. Our server, Ola, was great. Food was hot. Liked the scallop/bacon appetizer. Was cooked correct and was a meal in itself with 6 huge scallops. Not overcooked. Also liked the coconut shrimp.
Portions were large. The shrimp/crab/romaine dinner was tasty and enough to feed four.
The only downside was the shrimp was overcooked as was my wife's grouper dinner. This is sometimes common in large restaurants unfortunately. Otherwise it would have been perfect.
Would go back.