“Capt Joe Gozdieski ”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Forked River
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Inn Is a restaurant that serves a variety of meals for lunch and dinner while overlooking the Forked River. We have a full size bar with live entertainment on the weekends. We have multiple rooms for special occasions such as weddings, sweet 16's, bridal showers, etc. We also do catering events and private parties as well.The Captain's Inn also has an outside Tiki Bar. It has a full size bar with two decks for dining overlooking the water. It is open seven days a week and we provide entertainment all seven days as well. You can dock your boat and join us for lunch or dinner. Our menu includes an array of sandwhiches, bugers, panini's and so much more.
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I recently had the lobster special Crab stuffed lobster tail WOW I usually have whole lobsters every where But this stuffed tail was excellent The stuffing was like eating a crab cake and lobster tail I was also told by a neighboring table is great too Never disappointing meal at The Inn

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We attended K of C Christmas dinner in Jan. this year. Everything was superb ! The food was perfect and staff was cordial and great! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Liked our dinner at the Captains Inn. Service was excellent and friendly. Although it was crowded on a Saturday we got our table in 5 minutes. Nice pour on the drinks and was able to get a nice bottle of chard for $20. Our server, Ola, was great. Food was hot. Liked the scallop/bacon appetizer. Was cooked correct and was a meal in itself with 6 huge scallops. Not overcooked. Also liked the coconut shrimp.
Portions were large. The shrimp/crab/romaine dinner was tasty and enough to feed four.
The only downside was the shrimp was overcooked as was my wife's grouper dinner. This is sometimes common in large restaurants unfortunately. Otherwise it would have been perfect.
Would go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

With this review It was the second time I went to the restaurant that ended up being my last. First time was great service was a little slow but not bad second time we went it was ok but one problem was toward the end of the meal my wife and I saw a roach run from under the table towards the window we alerted the waiter who tried to use a cloth napkin to catch it with no success because of that we will not be going back. It’s just shows that the kitchen may not be clean.

Date of visit: December 2017
4  Thank DavidL1982
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

For years and years, my family and I went to the old Captain's Inn. It was simple, no frills, with creaky wooden floors, dusty old curtains and decent, but not great, seafood. Now the new, redone, upscale establishment is superb! Extensive menu, nightly specials, and lovely decor. So many seafood dishes, prepared wonderfully. The salads were huge and wonderful...a meal in itself! The prime rib was done perfectly. The scallops were large and the perfect texture. Cocktails were served just as ordered. Servers were young, friendly and accommodating. Love the crackers and cheese in a basket. This has become my mother's favorite restaurant and she is very picky. Very popular place in the summer. The wait for a table is 90 minutes, on average. Go during the week, off season. They don't accept reservations for small parties, only large groups which is problematic. You can sit at the bar and wait but it's usually pretty crowded. Nice water view of the Forked River. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2017