“Sub par”

Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Forked River
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Inn Is a restaurant that serves a variety of meals for lunch and dinner while overlooking the Forked River. We have a full size bar with live entertainment on the weekends. We have multiple rooms for special occasions such as weddings, sweet 16's, bridal showers, etc. We also do catering events and private parties as well.The Captain's Inn also has an outside Tiki Bar. It has a full size bar with two decks for dining overlooking the water. It is open seven days a week and we provide entertainment all seven days as well. You can dock your boat and join us for lunch or dinner. Our menu includes an array of sandwhiches, bugers, panini's and so much more.
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

With this review It was the second time I went to the restaurant that ended up being my last. First time was great service was a little slow but not bad second time we went it was ok but one problem was toward the end of the meal my wife and I saw a roach run from under the table towards the window we alerted the waiter who tried to use a cloth napkin to catch it with no success because of that we will not be going back. It’s just shows that the kitchen may not be clean.

4  Thank David L

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

For years and years, my family and I went to the old Captain's Inn. It was simple, no frills, with creaky wooden floors, dusty old curtains and decent, but not great, seafood. Now the new, redone, upscale establishment is superb! Extensive menu, nightly specials, and lovely decor. So many seafood dishes, prepared wonderfully. The salads were huge and wonderful...a meal in itself! The prime rib was done perfectly. The scallops were large and the perfect texture. Cocktails were served just as ordered. Servers were young, friendly and accommodating. Love the crackers and cheese in a basket. This has become my mother's favorite restaurant and she is very picky. Very popular place in the summer. The wait for a table is 90 minutes, on average. Go during the week, off season. They don't accept reservations for small parties, only large groups which is problematic. You can sit at the bar and wait but it's usually pretty crowded. Nice water view of the Forked River. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We were in the area on business and my wife said we should try this restaurant. It was wonderful. I had what may have been the best seafood dish I have ever eaten and my wife enjoyed hers as well. We ordered an inexpensive Pino from their very nice wine list (they have a full bar) and started our meals with both of us ordering She Crab Soup with sherry. The soup was served piping hot and the sherry added to the great and hearty flavor. My wife then had a sea food fra diavolo main course and I had a mixed broiled sea food plate (I believe called the Captain's platter). The stuffed flounder, shrimp and scallops were perfectly prepared (and cooked just as I had ordered them slightly underdone and with no salt) the clam was also delicious. The vegetables were cooked to a firm consistency and the rice that I had was well prepared. My wife's pasta was excellent. The ambience of the restaurant is great. They have daily specials. The day that we were there the special was prime rib and it was served from a buffet table. They also have a lobster night. Service was great, pleasant and attentive and the server made every effort to make us comfortable and answer all our questions. Even at 8 p.m. on a weekday night the restaurant was doing a very active business and the bar was full. I must say that I loved the evening and can't wait to go back.

2  Thank traveldoc2011
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had dinner here a few times and it is pretty solid.
The food is good, the service is OK and the atmosphere is OK.
I wouldn't call it great but it is good. I would have dinner here again and
I feel it is consistent and well worth a try.

1  Thank lchecinski
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere and food was excellent had the potato crusted salmon and their wine selection was great had a wonderful Sunday afternoon well worth the price