“Wow. What a Pleasant Surprise”

Captain's Inn Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Forked River
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Inn Is a restaurant that serves a variety of meals for lunch and dinner while overlooking the Forked River. We have a full size bar with live entertainment on the weekends. We have multiple rooms for special occasions such as weddings, sweet 16's, bridal showers, etc. We also do catering events and private parties as well.The Captain's Inn also has an outside Tiki Bar. It has a full size bar with two decks for dining overlooking the water. It is open seven days a week and we provide entertainment all seven days as well. You can dock your boat and join us for lunch or dinner. Our menu includes an array of sandwhiches, bugers, panini's and so much more.
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We were in the area on business and my wife said we should try this restaurant. It was wonderful. I had what may have been the best seafood dish I have ever eaten and my wife enjoyed hers as well. We ordered an inexpensive Pino from their very nice wine list (they have a full bar) and started our meals with both of us ordering She Crab Soup with sherry. The soup was served piping hot and the sherry added to the great and hearty flavor. My wife then had a sea food fra diavolo main course and I had a mixed broiled sea food plate (I believe called the Captain's platter). The stuffed flounder, shrimp and scallops were perfectly prepared (and cooked just as I had ordered them slightly underdone and with no salt) the clam was also delicious. The vegetables were cooked to a firm consistency and the rice that I had was well prepared. My wife's pasta was excellent. The ambience of the restaurant is great. They have daily specials. The day that we were there the special was prime rib and it was served from a buffet table. They also have a lobster night. Service was great, pleasant and attentive and the server made every effort to make us comfortable and answer all our questions. Even at 8 p.m. on a weekday night the restaurant was doing a very active business and the bar was full. I must say that I loved the evening and can't wait to go back.

2  Thank traveldoc2011

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had dinner here a few times and it is pretty solid.
The food is good, the service is OK and the atmosphere is OK.
I wouldn't call it great but it is good. I would have dinner here again and
I feel it is consistent and well worth a try.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank lchecinski
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere and food was excellent had the potato crusted salmon and their wine selection was great had a wonderful Sunday afternoon well worth the price

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stopped for a late lunch on a weekday at the Captain’s Inn Restaurant. Our food was good, the portions were generous, and our waitress was highly accommodating and friendly. The menu is extensive, and we were given a choice of the lunch or dinner menu. Our waitress brought us bread that was fresh from the oven.

The dinner menu is more expensive than the lunch menu, with larger portions. The restaurant seems to step things up a notch for the dinner crowd, for example switching from paper to cloth napkins and adding a buffet.

The restaurant has free parking, although the access road construction is currently causing some delays during work hours. The restrooms were very clean.

I would have liked a selection of craft beers, but the food is the main attraction, and it was good.

1  Thank Peter_01039
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My Husband gave me a surprise Birthday dinner. What a wonderful dinner the food was excellent and plentiful. He needed to accommodate 14 people on the Saturday in August they were very busy but they were able to achieve that for us. our waitress did a wonderful job we were all very satisfied and the cake that they supplied was so unbelievably delicious.

Date of visit: August 2017