“Pretty Good Place”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Forked River
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Captain's Inn Is a restaurant that serves a variety of meals for lunch and dinner while overlooking the Forked River. We have a full size bar with live entertainment on the weekends. We have multiple rooms for special occasions such as weddings, sweet 16's, bridal showers, etc. We also do catering events and private parties as well.The Captain's Inn also has an outside Tiki Bar. It has a full size bar with two decks for dining overlooking the water. It is open seven days a week and we provide entertainment all seven days as well. You can dock your boat and join us for lunch or dinner. Our menu includes an array of sandwhiches, bugers, panini's and so much more.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Had dinner here a few times and it is pretty solid.
The food is good, the service is OK and the atmosphere is OK.
I wouldn't call it great but it is good. I would have dinner here again and
I feel it is consistent and well worth a try.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank lchecinski

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere and food was excellent had the potato crusted salmon and their wine selection was great had a wonderful Sunday afternoon well worth the price

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stopped for a late lunch on a weekday at the Captain’s Inn Restaurant. Our food was good, the portions were generous, and our waitress was highly accommodating and friendly. The menu is extensive, and we were given a choice of the lunch or dinner menu. Our waitress brought us bread that was fresh from the oven.

The dinner menu is more expensive than the lunch menu, with larger portions. The restaurant seems to step things up a notch for the dinner crowd, for example switching from paper to cloth napkins and adding a buffet.

The restaurant has free parking, although the access road construction is currently causing some delays during work hours. The restrooms were very clean.

I would have liked a selection of craft beers, but the food is the main attraction, and it was good.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Peter_01039
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My Husband gave me a surprise Birthday dinner. What a wonderful dinner the food was excellent and plentiful. He needed to accommodate 14 people on the Saturday in August they were very busy but they were able to achieve that for us. our waitress did a wonderful job we were all very satisfied and the cake that they supplied was so unbelievably delicious.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank YandM98
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

If you have read some of my previous reviews on Seafood restaurants located in NewJersey you'll see that almost all them lack quantity and quality. Not here!!!
The food was excellent. The atmosphere terrific. We sat in the main Dining room. All six entree's were terrific . I recommend the stuffed salmon with crab, or the Crab cakes. There are so many great thing things to chose from the sea and enough from land. Better crab cakes than you can find in Maryland or anywhere.
The prices are a little high and they do not include a soup or salad with the entrees. But the seafood is top notch. Kids menu as well.
The captain has been steering this boat right for many years, and will for many more . Lastly service was very good. My only beef, is that they charge you for Iced tea refills. However I'am not sure if this is a SOP or just was a mistake...
Excellent............