“My daughter had her birthday here - great place”
Review of Reimei - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reimei
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Recently my 10 year old daughter had a birthday party here. We had about 14 people for hibachi. the performance was great and the food was good. The best part was the value. The final bill was less than what I expected and they threw in an oce cream cake. Even sang happy birthday to her. I was very pleased. Great value

Reviewed 6 September 2013

After enjoying several dinners at Reimei, I thought I'd better review one of our favorite places. We are a sushi family and love trying different and new places and Reimei has not disappointed. Their fish is fresh and the sushi is presented very well. The appetizer trio of salmon, tuna and yellowtail tartar is exceptional and enough to share with at least three people. The lettuce cups appetizer is also delicious and full of flavor. We love their miso soup, rich with tofu and seaweed as well as the seafood bisque which is HUGE! A must try is the chicken sesame dumplings - they look handmade and are so tasty. My husband swears the chicken and broccoli dinner is the best he's ever had with tons of chicken and fresh broccoli. We've tried several of the sushi rolls and have liked each one, even as simple as the yellowtail hand roll.

The service is great (seems to be family-run) and we never have to ask for anything. Bring a bottle of wine and feast on some really yummy Asian!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

My family and I did the HIbachi experience just a week ago, it was GREAT! I had the "Scalloped" Hibachi- and let me tell you there is more than one scallop! I got a whole plate full! I do not eat meat and when they bring out the food to the grill it is all together, so I asked if I could have different scallops, they were SO nice about it! They made me a fresh batch in the kitchen! The owner lady also told our cook not to mix the meat and vegetable, he did a not so bad job of doing so. The chef also tosses some vegetables into everyone's mouth while he's cooking (i'm the only one that caught some ;) ) Now, I am not a big fan of Sushi- but my boy friend is. He got the Transformer roll- it was absolutely DELISH! So ridiculously fresh MMM! I cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I went there for lunch for the first time last week. I ordered the 2 roll sushi lunch, spicy tuna and shrimp tempura. The sushi was excellent. it came with soup and a salad. both were good, but the salad had way too much dressing. There service was very good. They cleared the plates at the appropriate times and consistently replenished our tea and water throughout the meal. I will definitely be back and would like to try their hibachi.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

... the food just is not that good, (Maybe habachi is better.) It is not bad, but not great. Exception were the apps. Tom Yum soup was very good, as was the duck spring roll (at $12 it should be good). We had two maki rolls - yellowtail and striped bass. Neither was exciting - and the bass was just , well, fishy. We also had a Miracle Roll - it was sort of bland. Service was typical Asian... helter-skelter at best. Overall, average. There are better sushi places in Flemington. PS if you want to try the sushi, Thursday is all-you-can-eat night ($17) - simple rolls only.