“Excellent Italian food and service”

Old Croton Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Croton Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 135 Restaurants in Flemington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Old Croton Bar & Grill Serves Fresh Italian Food, Brick Oven Pizza, and Catering for Special Events in Flemington, NJ Area.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We went on Saturday evening without reservation and were seated promptly. Water and bread were served within minutes. The restaurant was moderately busy. We started out with Coconut Shrimp as an appetizer special which came with arragula salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh strawberries. It was delicious and fresh. We also ordered for the main course chicken francaise and a dinner special flounder with crab meat. All items were fresh and tested delicious and well seasoned. We didn’t have chance to order any desert because both dishes were rather large and filled us up. My Merlot wine was from Hacienda winery and was very very good. The music in the dining room was pleasant and at just right volume setting.
Overall our experience was very positive and
I recommend this restaurant to anyone. They do have Wood burning Pizza Oven and do serve at dinner time. They have outdoor sitting on their patio also.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This charming Italian Restaurant is off the beaten path. About 1/2 way between Flemington and Frenchtown. Extensive Italian cuisine. Homey atmosphere. Food selections were outstanding. Service bit slow, even with few patrons for dinner on. A weekday evening. Prices very reasonable for New Jersey. Some seating available outside.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Easy to make reservation and seated immediately. Italian run business that is apparent from the food. Delicious old world Italian food that is big and hearty. Desserts to die for. A large cannoli with whipped cream and a strawberry to finish off the meal.

Easy to get to although as you are driving the back roads you start to wonder how a place like this could operate. Until you see the lot is filled and then you know it will be good.

Even has outdoor seating
Service was excellent. Could not ask for better. Plenty of parking and drinks are strong. All around great experience

1  Thank scott t
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Our family has been going to Brunello for a few years now and selfishly, I didn't want to share a review (so it wouldn't be over crowded like many other Flemington places) BUT-the food is so wonderful and the owner is so nice, I have to spread the word! We have NEVER had a bad meal. The brick oven pizzas are great, and I usually order a special entree to try something new. They also have a nice selection of wines and a full bar. It is not super fancy but it is a MUST if you enjoy wonderful Italian food and excellent service.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Went here for an early Valentine's dinner. We didn't have a reservation but they accommodated us immediately. The bread was nice and crusty with a soft middle the way I like it. For an appetizer we had the Mozzarella en carozza which got our taste buds revved up for the main course. My wife had the Riggatoni Famiglia and it was wonderful with everything cooked perfectly. I had the Pollo Giambotta and again everything was cooked just right. The portions are good sized and my wife who is petite had to take some of her meal home. I didn't take any home but I was stuffed when I left. Worth going the few miles outside of Flemington for this cozy place with delicious food.