“Always a Great Farm to Table Experience”
Review of Harvest Restaurant

Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: HARVEST Local Seasonal Cuisine is a full service restaurant offering both lunch and dinner. Our focus is preparing wholesome food, from local farmers, bakers and provayers while offering gluten free and healthy meals.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our local diamond in the ruff. It’s always a great “Farm to Table” experience. Scallops are amazing and so our the daily specials. I’ve had the veal chop and the filet. My wife always goes for the scallops. You also must try the deserts, even if it’s just one to share. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

After spending the day at Historic Allaire State Park we were looking for something to eat close by. After looking online we foundo ourselves at Harvest Restaurant. Simply hands down the BEST lunch! I had the most scrumptious and juicy - yes, juicy! veggie burger over warm spinach salad. Never thought I would use the word juicy to describe a veggie burger. My aunt had a Caesar salad with chicken. The Caesar salad tasted so light and delish! Unfortunately, I didn’t take pics of any of the food - which means you need to see and taste it yourself!!! A great find after a marvelous day!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Definitely need a reservation. Arrived but couldn't get in as the was over an hour wait. Did leave name and come back and was definitely worth it. All food is prepared natural. The drinks are natural but you can bring your own alcohol. The food was delicious. The menu is small and there isn't much seating but you will be definitely pleased. The staff are very friendly. The prices are a little pricier than some but still well worth it. They do a lot of gluten free options also.

1  Thank LoriS1694
Reviewed 4 September 2018

The owner raised his voice to me and my friend in front of our BABIES. The most disgusting meal I've ever eaten at that price. I'm not picky, I've eaten at gas stations before, and this meal was so bad that a rotisserie chicken at ACME would've been gourmet compared to it. The owner Dan refused to take it off the bill, he got extremely aggressive with us in front of our little babies and raised his voice, so much so that I thought maybe I should call the POLICE. I ordered a shrimp dish for $25 it came with tiny shrimp with mostly heads (no actual shrimp meat) and what honestly tasted like dish water and boiled carrots. I actually thought I was being pranked, like is this an Ashton Kutcher show? I was so shocked and then she came back like "well we won't take this off the bill so you need to order something else". Why would we order something else when the chef was right there looking angry, and the first meal was THAT bad? Then the owner came out so aggressive and honestly, I can't even imagine why he would raise his voice to two women and in front of two little babies. He said he wouldn't take it off the check bc it was "mostly eaten" even tho our meals both came with shrimp heads and the actual shrimps MISSING. $25 for shrimp heads that you can't even eat! That shows you how honestly desperate they are for money. I'm not a "becky", I've put up with a lot of nonsense and worked in the restaurant world for YEARS, but this was something even I have never seen before.

3  Thank Pray A
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had heard so many great things about Harvest. And couldn’t wait to try it.
We made reservations for two and were promptly seated. Recommend you make reservations the venue is a small store front in quaint little Farmingdale NJ.
We were greatly immediately by our waitress and brought waters. It is you byob.
I started out with salad with grilled shrimp. Well this was a meal in itself and plenty for two.
I ordered seafood dish with clams, mussels, scallops, fresh shrimp, whitefish in an excellent spicy broth with toast to enjoy the broth. Wife ordered NYstrip steak with asparagus and mashed potatoes seasoned perfectly.

We were definitely impressed and fully satisfied. No room for desert here’s! Next time desert, and we will be back.

Been to Harvest Restaurant? Share your experiences!