“Authentic Hungarian!”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I'm Hungarian so I'm always somewhat of a skeptic going to a place like this because I'm a tough critic. As soon as the first appetizer came out, I felt like I was back in my Nagymama's (Grandma's) kitchen. The food is totally authentic and delicious! This is a small Mom & Pop business that is absolutely worth a try. Friendly and accomodating service. Very reasonable prices. Desserts are amazing! I highly recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

People do come to this restaurant, but I don't understand why. I certainly didn't enjoy my meal. The chicken paprikas stew with dark meat consists of two greasy thighs in a watery sauce. The goulash is a little better than that, but nothing special (and a bit salty).

I honestly can't comprehend why people are giving this restaurant four and five circles. So again, I must be in the minority.

1  Thank DrGoldin
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Meet a good friend here every few months to catch up. We both come from Eastern European families so we love this food. The couple who own and run this place are beyond dear, and their food is like your grandmother's. The chicken soup is amazing - big pieces of carrot cooked perfectly, the best stock ever, just divine. My friend's lamb paprikash was butter tender, and my chicken with mushrooms was deeply flavorful and enjoyable. This is a simple place run by kind, honest people who make wonderful food you can't find very often. Do try it.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Going in it feels like someone has invited you to eat at their house

Small tables set casually give it relaxed homey feel

The menu is small, but don't let that turn you off every dish we ordered was a large portion and we all with a box for left overs

1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Nice home style kitchen and dining. Authentic Hungarian in Ewing, Barbara's has been here for about 8 years. My first time and only one other person in the dining room on this snowy winter day. At our table of three, we had stuffed cabbage, chicken and beef paprikas. The portions were plentiful and although the cabbage was gobbled up at the table there was enough of the other for two more meals at home and the spaetzli was superb. Worth coming out during a blizzard.

1  Thank rivernan