“Food is good - seating not too good”

Blue Moon Mexican Cafe
Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Liked the food - best to go in the summer when they have outdoor seating. Inside seating = not comfy

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Place is not small. Good food, good margaritas. Fish tacos ex were very good. Nice gathering point for lunch in central Englewood. Place is popular.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

In the area for business. Big fan of Tex Mex and American Mex. This place nailed it. No question.

The decor is spot on. The service is good. Not fine dining for sure - but relaxed and comfortable - as it should be. Want linen napkins? Wrong expectation. Want perfect wine service ? Wrong expectation.

Want quality food prepared to order and served quickly - perfect spice, great authentic taste w no frills and no Facebook photos of today's lunch? Right expectation.

Management is present and interactive. Everyone seems upbeat and happy. Margaritas? Forget about it. Delicious.

And they have burgers that are amazing according to the couple beside me.

Go for relaxed eats, good eats, quick eats. Go for the entertainment at night and go for the human experience of this place

Will return. Loved every bit of it.

Date of visit: April 2017
Colleen G, VP of Operations at Blue Moon Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Hello !
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Blue Moon. We really appreciate your honest feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Have a great day !

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Went there before the Bergen PAC show on 3/29, very crowded but fast service and good waiter...The problem.. food was just blah! My wife had the chicken fajitas which were without much garnish and lacking in flavor.nkt even hot...Below average. I had the double combo with taco, burrito..No shredded cheese or sour cream served with the taco, the shell crumbled when I tried to pick it up..The grilled chicken burrito was just that..bland! .Very little flavor on both.. Taco Bell food is better which is not saying much.. no reason to ever return.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We were going to a show at Bergen Pac and decided to have dinner, 6:45, at Blue Moon Mexican Cafe first. Chips and salsa were placed on the table. My husband had a small chili, fish taco and a beer, advertised at $3 before 7:00. I had the veggie dilla. The menu clearly stated mine came with sour cream or guacamole. I requested the guacamole, the waiter informed me there was an up charge. I told him that's not what the menu said but he informed me that's what is done. I took the sour cream but was annoyed the menu didn't mention the upcharge. When our bill came we were charged $5.50 for the beer. The waiter informed us the one ordered wasn't part of the special, he never mentioned that when we ordered. Though the food is slightly above average their pricing practices require lots of questions be asked before ordering. Not sure we will be back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Colleen G, VP of Operations at Blue Moon Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post, I am very sorry that you were mislead by a server who apparently needs more training. A choice of sour cream and/or guacamole is offered with many of our items but not all - Quesadillas do come with that choice for sure. We do have a bar promotion called Fiesta Hour and it does run from 4pm - 7pm with discounted drinks. This promotion is intended for our bar crowd and restricted to the bar area, that being said, we are always happy to extend it if you cannnot "fit" in the bar and you came to enjoy Fiesta Hour.
I am terribly sorry that you did not receive the service and proper attention you deserved and we will 100% review this with our staff, it is unacceptable.
If you are interested, I would like to send you a gift card for a future visit, I know we are better than this and I would like you to have an experience you expect and deserve. Simply send me your email or mailing address and I will get one off right away.
Once again, our apologies and enjoy your day.
Best Regards,