“Santouka means amazing Ramen (apparently)”
Review of Santouka

Santouka
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Edgewater
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stopped by for some family brunch. I ordered the spicy miso (big pieces of chunky port) Good size portions but you can order a small bowl (not sure why.. but yeah). Excellent flavor, only slightly spicy but just enough. Super fresh ingredients. Located in the rear of the Mitsuwa market (waterfront view), bustling place with food market/ other Japanese eats and great deserts are just icing on the cake. Make sure you exit via the rear and hit LittleJapanusa for some Anime, gifts and awesome Samurai gear.. that last one's gonna cost ya. Overall great time!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is located inside of the Mitsuwa Marketplace, which is a really cool Japanese market filled with shops, restaurants, and a huge grocery store. santoka has a really long line and a really impressive menu, so I ordered a spicy miso ramen. First of all, all of the soup bases are pork. I am not a vegetarian, but I like my veggie options. Secondly, the staff was really rude. I get you are busy, but would it hurt you to smile at your paying customer?? And lastly, the ramen was awful. It was super grainy and taste almost as if a powder broth was thrown in some noodles and they forgot to stir it. So, not only was it grainy, it was also thick in certain bites. For a 11.14$ price tag on some ramen, it should have been good. And it was NOT! So disappointed and sorry I spent my money. I took a photo of the hot mess of a soup the Japanese would not be proud of that this restaurant had the nerve to call ramen.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

This eatery is located inside Mitsuwa Market place, in a food court. They always had a long line whenever we went by there. Being busy at all time is a sign of its popularity.

Just as most other eateries, this spot is CASH ONLY.

They had some of their featured items on the window display, all made of wax. I have never even looked at their menu until this day, and I was pleasantly surprised with their set offerings. We decided to get the ramen set that comes with different kinds of donburi. I ordered the one with Salmon & Ikura Rice Bowl, and my husband order the one with Char-Siu Rice Bowl.

Ordering process was fast, but then the wait time for the food to be ready was a bit long. You can take orders as fast as they come in, but you can’t make so many ramen bowls at once. So, it took a while for our food to come out.

I was expecting the rice bowl to be rather small, but what I received was of a nice size! I was so happy. Both sonburi bowls were pretty good, surprisingly good. They had good amount of toppings and quite flavorful.

Now, the Spicy Miso Ramen. The amount of char-siu that came with the ramen was quite awesome. Each sliced piece was large, and I think there were two of those large pieces. The ramen was spicy but not too spicy, enough to open up your sinuses. I was pleasantly surprised with their dishes, no wonder they are popular.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This ramen was delicious and well as the broth. For a regular bowl its $9.95 and for a large bowl $10.95. I enjoyed every bite!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Situated in the food court of Mitsuwa Marketpace in Edgewater, NJ, Santouka is one of those places where there is always a line. But the wait is warranted as the Ramen is easily one of the best around the area. Being made and served by a crew of authentic Japanese personnel, is evidence that what you're getting is the real deal. The salt ramen soup is clean, white and cloudy with slices of pork which are very soft and practically just melts. I have tried other Ramens but they were more complicated. The ramen from this place is simple but amazingly good.