“Great Sushi at reasonable prices”
Review of Sawa Steakhouse & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Sawa Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 July 2016

We've been hearing how great Sawa is and last night we stopped in to eat at the Sushi Bar. The rolls were very good and at reasonable prices. We had a Spyder roll for $11, spicy tuna $5.50, Eel Avacado $6, and Tuna Roll $5.

We enjoyed it but didn't find anything stand out great. We've heard this is one of the best Sushi restaurants in the area and agree it is very good but not in a league of its own.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

My wife loves this place as she eats sushi 3 times a week.
She is a regular and belongs to their frequent dining club.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

I've been going to Sawa since it was a BYOB restaurant, there were no giant aquariums, and you had to walk across a little bridge to get seated in the hibachi area. My Tri-color sushi dinner was very good, but the restaurant itself is losing it's appeal. I sat in the bar area in freezing cold conditions, I'm not sure the heat was even on...I never took off my coat. The condition of the men's restroom is getting deplorable...just a mess. Although I didn't realize this until the next morning, my clothing and coat smelled of a horrible grease/oil type odor. I have really enjoyed this Sawa over the past 10 years, I hope things change to bring it back to the superior establishment it used to be.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Nothing to write home about. Very average at best! A bit dated and nothing stuck out.Plain and average.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Best sushi outside of Asbury! And their pineapple fried rice bowl is divine! We frequent this place a lot, the staff is always super friendly and the service is fast