“"C-" on atmosphere "A" on food!”
Review of Far East Taste

Far East Taste
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Eatontown
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We went here on a spur of the moment dinner outing. The restaurant has all the atmosphere of a bus station.

That said, the wait staff is friendly, courteous and efficient. The food was prepared and served promptly. We had a tofu app that was delicious. Each of us ordered something different and all of us raved about how good it was! I have been here a few times and every time I leave having had a terrific meal that is definitely a bang for the buck!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We were first time visitors to this restaurant tonight. And although I was looking forward to visiting this place all week, it turned out to be by far the worst experience I have ever experienced at a restaurant. As a person who loves to eat out and try different foods; I rarely ever have dishes that I don't enjoy or appreciate but that was my the case tonight. To start, we arrived to the restaurant it was completely empty inside and we were greeted by a mother and her teenage daughter I assume. The daughter was sweet and smiled shyly at us but her mother was rather unfriendly towards us with a flat affect and mean attitude written all over her face. I decided to ignore it though it made me uncomfortable and we were seated. About five minutes later another custoner walks in and so it's just the three of us in there. We put in our order for appetizers and entrees. The appetizers arrived swiftly and hot. The entrees on the other hand took a long time to arrive. We ordered the mango chicken and the spicy thai chicken. The mango chicken was fine however my dish which was the spicy thai chicken was not good at all. It was extremely salty and I could not taste any other flavors or ingredients. I call over the daughter and ask if I can change my dish for something else. She walks away and we hear very loudly and in another language the mother speaking. The daughter comes back to our table and embarrassingly tells me that she was told no by her mother. I wait until her mother comes back into the restaurant and request that she remove the meal from my receipt. I explain to her that I don't like the taste and can't eat it since it's extremely salty to me. The mother goes on to rudely and meanly tell me that there's nothing wrong with the food and that a lot of people order it and like it. I explain to her that it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it and can't eat it. She refuses to remove it from receipt and tells me that I have not keep it. I tell her fine. She walks away and the other customer in the room says to me that if I like she will take my meal and pay for it. I kindly tell her no but appreciate the gesture that she had more sense on handling the situation than the owner did. In the corner we can see the teenage daughter who sees and hears all of the exchanges and just looks extremely embarrassed by the behavior and unkindness of her mother. We settle the bill and wrap up the food I couldn't eat. I thank the teenage daughter and we exit this place. Overall, I've never been treated so awfully in a restaurant. Obviously I will NEVER be going back to this place NOR recommending this place to any of my family, friends, coworkers or any of my widely followed social media pages. I don't know what their definition is for customer service, decency and satisfaction but it obviously is of a very low standard and near nonexistent. Word of advice to any one reading this please save yourself some grief and money and don't waste your time at this place. Believe me you are not missing anything from this overpriced, smelly, hole in the wall establishment...

1  Thank nnapoleon
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Hands Down to the best thai food ever!!!
The food was delicious and you guys should go there, if you like spice and shrimp try the Basil Shrimp!! The place is very homey like and it smells good, not like any other restaurants!! The Thai ice tea was great to drink, my visit there was wroth it, the costs were low and I'm sure people who love Thai should go there! The service was nice and kind! This place is family friendly, if you love Thai food and spice they have thai chillies prepared for spice lovers!!! The place wasn't filltih, it was clean the bathrooms are so clean, cleaner than any other restaurants, I suggest you guys to go there instead of the Bangkok House!!! The decorations aren't awesome but that doesn't matter, the food does, it's clean and everything! I hope you guys go there and enjoy the food!!! Best for parties!! It's worth waiting for!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

After reading everyone's stellar reviews of this hole-in-the-wall place, my husband and I decided to try it one night. At first we didn't know where the entrance was. Then once we found it, there's no way to tell if they're open, or if they have dining space. It was very dingy and ugly inside -- not the place you'd actually want to spend time eating your dinner. The service was good, but nothing spectacular. Now the food -- it was nothing like the Thai food we are used to eating. The pad thai did not have any peanut flavor to it, and it had vegetables in it that aren't typically in this dish. Needless to say, I didn't finish it. The overall cost was more than it was worth. Half sorry that we wasted time here, but half glad that we now know it's a place to cross off the list.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

After fifteen years I still come here every Saturday for lunch as the best Thai, Malaysian, Chinese in the area, where at this point I make up dishes myself and they produce them. Great for vegetarians or those like me that like both, you have a variety of different types of spice and heat, or sweet if you prefer... though I am already sweet enough.

1  Thank Jim L