All reviews port authority the bus front desk an industrial park bedroom suite into nyc marriott brand new york city minute ride breakfast bar great property the general manager close to the hotel long term decent breakfast times square business traveler
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel thinking that it would be a fair representation of the Marriott brand, but was hugely disappointed and shocked by the turn of events, we were a family of four and stayed from the 27th- 30th August 2018, on our 1st night the WiFi did not work and the associate at check in never said anything about it until we went back to enquire what was up with the WiFi when we couldn’t connect, that was when she muffled there was some problem, it seems also that the staff in this hotel are never happy as they all looked like we were disrupting their peace, nobody served you with a smile here. Fast forward to check out day 30th August, there was a power surge for some minutes after breakfast and loo and behold when we checked out no explanation of any sort was offered by the staff of this hotel. It’s incredible that guest satisfaction is not on the radar of the owners of this property. I will not never stay in this hotel again neither will I recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank kikelomobolarinwa
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear kikelomobolarinwa,

Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from Marriott. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides us with the valuable information we need to improve service and communication. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will reconsider a return visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I like to commend two exemplary employees who absolutely made our stay in Lyndhurst so wonderful!!!

Front desk agents- Alain Jean Baptiste and Javier Ramos.
Kudos to Rebecca in the A.M. too!!
They were absolutely wonderful and went out of their way for my wife and I.

Honestly, it’s that extra bit of caring that makes guests, who are traveling from out of state, feel so much better.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear georgecS778OP,

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments of our staff; we will share your feedback with the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Best,

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My family of four traveled on an East Coast Road Trip this summer. We did not want to have to drive in NYC and wanted a safe place to park our van (loaded to the gills) while we explored the city. This hotel was a great place to accomplish those goals. Rooms were well designed and modern. Beds were extremely comfy. Hotel was very quiet! Everything made for a nice night’s sleep. Rooms were a little bit smaller than typical Residence Inn rooms but MUCH larger than anything you’d find in the city. Room was clean.

However, the staff were very unfriendly. Bordering on down right rude. It started at check in. The clerk at approximately 10 pm wouldn’t even make eye contact. She was very matter of fact. And acted annoyed by my questions and requests (all of which were basic). The housekeeper (whose cart said Tania) glared at me in the halls and elevator each day. And then there was the breakfast staff. Breakfast only went until 9 am - which is a pretty early cut off in a vacation destination. Each morning the breakfast area was packed at 9 am. At 9 am SHARP- like not 9:01- the staff whisked in and butted right in front of you to start taking down the breakfast. By 9:05 there was nothing out at all. There would be a line of people waiting to make a waffle and the staff would just but in front of them and take things away. One morning, I had an English muffin in the toaster right at 9. The staff removed all the butter and jam packets before I could get it out of the toaster.

Some notes on taking the bus to NYC. The stop is easy and safe walking distance. It’s like walking from one Hotel parking lot into another (Fairfield Inn) to get there. Piece of cake. When you catch the return bus home you want the 2nd stop the bus makes. So sit towards the front of the bus. Also the bus does not automatically stop and the stops are not announced. You have to request the stop so be alert.

4  Thank amybG2866ZF
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Amy B,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience with our associates. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service, so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

My initial impression before I checked in was very high. I explained that I was using points for an award stay for a week with my family, and only 1 bd options were available. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was very friendly and said that they'd put a note in for an upgrade if available. When we checked in and I asked about this the person at the desk looked at me like I was from another planet and simply said, no, not available. I enquired about a roll away which I'd discussed on the phone and again got a strange look and was told they don't have them. It wasn't the warmest Marriott greeting either- no welcome, no thank you for being an elite member like you normally get, no offer of water. I was expecting a lot more from the reviews I'd read- this was truly "check the box". The rooms themselves are the SMALLEST I've ever seen for a Residence Inn. The bedroom was like a ships cabin and the bathroom was tiny. The sofa bed where my kids had to sleep was very old and when you had that open you could barely walk in the room. Housekeeping was a bit hit or miss; one day they left a bag of trash (some that had other people's trash in it no less) in our room and they didn't always replenish soaps. The buffet was a bit of a nightmare; not well organized and they didn't have fresh fruit and ran out of things- one day it was spoons, another day it was yogurt, and often they were out of coffee.
On the positive side, as others have mentioned, it is a good alternative to the city- you can catch the bus across the street at the Fairfield.
Overall, not impressed but it did the job.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie B
TeamConcord, Manager at Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Natalie B,
It is truly unfortunate we missed the mark of ensuring your satisfaction in several ways on this visit. We know how important the first impression is as it can set the tone for the entire stay. We have high standards for service and your review will be shared with our team leaders so we can reiterate those standards and make immediate improvements. We appreciate your loyalty to our brands and recognize your status as an Elite member. We want you to have a better impression of our hotel and service, and invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

If you are visiting NYC and want a cheaper alternative than staying in NYC, this is the place for you. This is the 2nd time we have stayed here and I can't find one thing wrong with this hotel. We had a room with a king size bed, a kitchen (with a 2 burner "stove",( no oven), full size fridge, microwave and a dishwasher with the bathroom off beside the bed. The room was the quietest room we have ever stayed in. You could not hear anyone outside in the hall. The room also had a sofa. The breakfast was typical hotel breakfast with something for everyone with very nice staff. The bus stop is across the street and the bus comes every 10-15 minutes during the day. It takes only 20 minutes to get to the Port Authority. I recommend that you plan on returning back to the hotel before 10 pm as there are not as many buses after 10 pm to bring you back. The staff here are fantastic and very helpful. The room was clean and well supplied. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #520 which was a corner room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple