“New place to add to our #1 list”
Review of Benvenuti's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Benvenuti's
Ranked #10 of 86 Restaurants in East Hanover
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I went last week and we loved it!! I had the chicken rollatine and it was out of this world. My Wife had the chicken stuffed with sausage and she raved about it. We had the fried calamari and the Green bean salad as an appetizer and both were very good. We will be going back soon and plan to bring our friends. Our waiter Sal was Great and very helpful, I would recommend to anyone!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank MPNJTraveler

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I have to say, I have never been a big fan of this place, but last night was the last time we will be here. There were three couples and we were all seated at 6:30, we didn't leave until 10:00 because the service was so slow. It took 20 minutes for our wine to be opened and that was after asking for it and we still didn't have glasses for the wine. The apps (eggplant rollatini, fried calamari, clams casino) were all ok, nothing special. However, my husband and I both ordered the nights special - soft shell crabs, which we both love and have cooked ourselves numerous times. These crabs were edible, but didn't look like a crab. They were flat, little blobs swimming in a very under seasoned glob of sauce. I can't even guess how or why they looked like that. Anyway, if you go here because the prices are reasonable, stick to the easy chicken dish !

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank TourGuideKathy
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This has always been a excellent restaurant for us. It is still very good but the quality seems to be slipping a little bit. The service is still very good but the food was a little off this time.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

They did a good job for the 58 people we had after the funeral.
Gave us 4 choices eggplant, veal, chicken and fish. It came with salad and pasta. Service was slightly slow but no real issue. Veal was a little tough. Everything needed a little salt and i don't generally use it. Overall I was satisfied

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 1 January 2017

One of our go to places. Great food and reasonable prices. We enjoy taking new friends to this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2016